Monday, November 30, 2009

Sitting in an English Garden, Waiting for the Sun...



 Monday, mellow Monday! Where to start?

I broke the 50K mark last night, and had the rough draft verified... I am a winner! Check it out...



 Yay for me! Now I get to regroup, and dive back in tonight. So much more to write! I *think* what I'm going to do is get the four storylines to the stopping point I was contemplating, then give it a going-over to polish it a bit, and then post a sample chapter or two on Wagnervana for y'all to read... then I'll move it forward to the second half. That's my gameplan, I think... but it keeps changing all the time, so who knows?

Got some work done today on several fronts, and I saved the world from the zombie hoards for a while as well. I didn't get to walk today... in fact, I didn't leave the house today! It was very nice, actually... when I stay home, I don't spend money, which is always nice to do once in a while...

Who needs to leave the house when I can see stuff like this on my computer?

PLEASE do yourself a favor and click the little "full screen" button when you watch these two videos... they will blow you away, so beautiful...



And this one...



WOW.

Speaking of wow, here's the largest swimming pool in the world, in Algorrobo Chile - another country I don't have any intention of ever visiting...






It covers 80 square acres, and at its deepest point is 115 feet deep. It's filtered sea water, apparently. It cost 2 billion dollars to build and $4 million per year to maintain. But apparently it draws enough visitors to make it worth while. Read more about it HERE, as well as see more cool pics.


Finally, I have the latest offering from the troupe called Improv Everywhere, a New York City based group of performers that stage cool, impromptu stunts and things that always make for great viewing - I'm sure you've seen some of their stunts before... spontaneous musical numbers and flash-mob stuff... they'll infiltrate crowds at public places and, upon a signal, will all do something, like freeze in place, or remove their pants, or walk "invisible" dogs around the city, etc.

Anyway, their latest "stunt" involves a dude who pretends he can't find his seat at the basketball game in Madison Square Garden... he wanders around, holding concessions, with a dazed look, while his cohorts wave their arms and call his name, trying to get his attention... before long, the whole section of the stadium is joining in, trying to flag him down, as he wanders all over the sports arena, lol...



I wonder who thinks up stuff like that? HERE is their website... the same guy in this video - "Rob" - also is featured in another of my faves, the "High Five Escalator"... bah, I was going to link it, but I might as well embed it here too...



Guess that's enough for now.

One final note: I don't think I'm going to do a Movie Quote Contest for December, sorry. Looks like Krista will be our last Contest Winner...

Until tomorrow, remember, I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Dave...congrats..you made it...I am sooo proud of you..[this is the part where you thank your mom]..I'm glad you're having fun and can't wait to read it..see you Wed...Kateb15

marky said...

I was at a place on the border of the Swiss and French Alps a few years back. I was making a sorry attempt at learning how to snowboard. Strangely enough, I did pick it up. My Devils cushion was bruised for a month after it though.

The views are stunning. It's truly close to God stuff. Although, if you've got a high definition TV, then why bother!?!;-)

logankstewart said...

Such amazing video footage. Seeing the stars rotate like that (it's all relative), with the occasional flash of light, is awesome.

And that Improv Everywhere site has some pretty fun things on it. Thanks for sharing. And congrats once again.

Paula Titus said...

You did it!! YAY!! Does it feel awesome or what? I knew you could do it. :)

David Wagner said...

Thanks mom! You're the best.

Marky: you lucky duck. I'd love to see the Alps in person some day. The full-screen high-def is nice though...

Logan: yeah, I'm definitely going to put those timelapse clips on my Wagnervana site... and yeah, I nosed around more on the Improv Everywhere site. Loved the spontaneous wedding reception one, and the one where the hundred dudes went and shopped at Abercrombie Fitch without shirts on, lol...

Paula: Mixed feelings, really. I'm glad I hit the 50K mark, but I have a lot more to write, and I'm hoping I'll keep up with the daily writing and not fizzle. Fizzling is my biggest fear. I am determined to finish it... we'll see if that's enough...

Abbie said...

Congrats Dave!! good work :)
haha, i liked those improv ones!! especially the escalator one :) the ppl on the far right escalator looked supremely jealous :)

Sodi said...

AMAZING. I love it I love it I love it.

(The pic at the top and the fact that you reached your goal :)

Krista said...

Love the videos, very cool :)

YAY! I was the last and coolest winner! lol! :D Really though, it's cool this is a busy month! I'm already tired and it just begun... haha ;-)