Friday, November 6, 2009

We All Have Our Little Faults. Mine's in California...



"Rough and tumble" or "tough and rumble," which one?

Well, ain't that a fine how-to-do! It's 11pm Friday night as I write this, and I'm feeling great! Go figure! I was on edge almost all day today! Today was my day to fail at learning patience. But I feel fine now...

I fell a bit behind on my daily writing quota last night... I actually fell asleep while writing, lol. I need to go back and re-read what I wrote right before that... how good is my writing while I'm in zombie mode, I wonder? Probably quite-solidly delete-worthy...

Uh oh, I mentioned zombies... now I have to add a zombie pic... sorry, that's the blog rules...



That... is one cool zombie t-shirt. I don't think that guy is going to survive much longer....

I watched the Daily Show from Nov 5th a few minutes ago, and he did a segment where he "impersonated" Glen Beck that was, perhaps, the funniest, most brilliant thing I've ever seen him do. Pure comedy brilliance. Except it probably only is funny if you know who Glen Beck is, know Beck's style of delivery, know his penchant for kookiness, and know how little Stewart thinks of him. Then, you'll probably find it amusing. If not, meh, you'd probably stop watching after a minute or so...

Oh, heck, I'm just going to post the embed here. I can't isolate the segment itself, but it's the whole second segment. I *think* if I pause it there and copy the embed code, it *should* post it here at the moment that segment starts. Hey, let's try it and see! If not, just click the first white dot (about the 7 minute mark) and skip ahead...



Sorry, Bob, it's hulu. They only let us silly Americans watch it...

Went to our first rehearsal for the Christmas shindig tonight at church. I think it's a fun script, and has a message that's solid, and I'm actually pretty excited to be a part of it! Of course, that excitement might be mostly because I didn't write the script and am not directing it. I just get to focus on acting! Which role, you ask? Well, would you believe me if I told you I was Jesus? Not baby Jesus, come on... the full-grown version. And an occasionally sarcastic Jesus at that! Should be an interesting play...

Uh oh, I mentioned Jesus...now I have to add a cute pic of animals... sorry, that's the blog rules...



Speaking of cute animals, we stopped at the deli on the way into the rug shop today (the family and I), and a lady came in also, with her cute little dog, that sort of looked like a chihuahua, but sorta didn't. It was cute and little and Maggie was immediately smitten. Anyway, the lady was outside when we left, so we asked her about it, and she said, "Oh, this is a chi-weenie... he's half chihuahua and half weinerdog."

I laughed, especially because I just knew Maggie was going to spend the day saying, "I want a chi-weenie!" And she did. It's so funny. I should video tape her saying it, and post it here... you know, because I can.

And now, cool sidewalk chalk art....


That's super, man!


Awesome. 


I get virtigo looking at this one...


Who thinks up this stuff?

Anyway, go HERE to see more. You'll be glad you did...

Uh oh, I mentioned 'being glad that you did'... now I have to post a "Hey Jude" flowchart... sorry, that's the blog rules...



Well, that'll do it for me today. I hope you are all doing well. Especially you, Marky, wherever you are! Until tomorrow, remember, to let her into you heart, then you can start to make it better...

7 comments:

Krista said...

OMG, that side walk art is like the coolest!!!

Haha, I didn't even know there was such a dog as a chi-weenie that's hilarious!!

All the best, Dave!!

Paula Titus said...

Hilarious video, he does a great Beck.

I'm always amazed by the sidewalk art every time I see it, and the dog/kitten pic is so adorable! :)

Abbie said...

Maggie thought of chi-weenie all by herself!?!?! that is amazingly hysterical :D
One week pracically done Dave! Three more to go!! you can do it!!! :)

David Wagner said...

Got the book today, thanks Krista!

I should have taken a pic of the dog, my bad...

Paula, hope you are doing well.

Abbie: I wrote about you last night!

Krista said...

AWESOME! Glad it got to you so soon :) and you're welcome!

Abbie said...

really!! OH man, I am so excited for your book :D don't think less of yourself dave! I know I am totally going to enjoy your book, you are an awesome writer and it will be good :)

kingphatcow said...

John Stewart has been on my "train list" for a while now: celebs I would happily throw in front of a moving, high speed train.