Sunday, November 1, 2009

At Least the Garbage was Free....



And the winner of the October Movie Quote Contest is: Krista! Can't believe you pulled it off! Schweet! You win the $20 Amazon gift card this month, good work. I will be emailing it to you shortly... Bob will have his revenge, I'm sure. That was awesome to watch, by the way...

HOWEVER: I am not going to have a November contest, if you don't mind. I know it sounds lame, but I think this month, I will focus on novel writing. The daily posts might even be shorter, who knows. Depends on my mood, I guess... you know how moody I am...

Church Day today, morning and evening service. Went to bed early Saturday night - midnight, before the time change! So it was really 11pm! I should win something for that! Believe it or not, home-related events conspired against me today, and I didn't start writing The Council of Six - BUT I am going to start as soon as I post this!

Here's a gratuitous Funny Picture, to inspire me to literary victory...



And here is a gratuitous Funny Video, to show that there are worse drivers than I out there...




And that will be it for today! I'll be back tomorrow, with the good stuff. Just wanted to post this so I can dive into my opening scene... Until tomorrow, remember, set the terror level at code brown, 'cause I need to change my pants...

PS Dangit! The Ken Scholes signing (actually, a dual-signing - Ken Scholes and Kate Elliot both) doesn't start until 7 pm Monday! I can't go to it that late! Shoot shoot shoot shoot....

13 comments:

Bob said...

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have gone to sleep!!! :DDD

Congratulations, Krista! :D

Man, really looking forward to a quote-free November :PP

David Wagner said...

You and me both, pal... lol...

havah said...

Congrats, Krista. :)

I haven't written a word, Dave...and I don't intend to start now. I'll just let the other days absorb some from today.

Hmmm...that car thing looks rather deliberate if you ask me. Ex-girlfriend, perhaps? :D

And sure you can go...just take the whole family and "drop in". :D

Krista said...

YAY! I almost didn't win there at the end!! It was so close! I was nervous I was going to lose and then I found that theme and extra quote! YAY ME! It was really fun, Bobo, great Game!!!

I'm glad we get a break to, Dave! No worries and good luck with your writing! I have like seven blogger friends who will be joining in on the November writing! Enjoy yourself and good luck to you :)


Thanks Havah!! :)

Krista said...

Oh, and Dave no worries about Ken Scholes it was the thought that counts! Thanks!!

logankstewart said...

Congrats, Krista. And good luck, Dave.

Crystal said...

Congrats Krista!!

I haven't even had a chance to start on my NaNoWriMo story yet!! I moved this weekend, but the good news is I know where my laptop is :)

I have a few days off in November, so that's when I hope to make up for lost time.

Krista said...

Thanks, Logan and Crystal!!

And Dave I just shipped Warbreaker this morning so I hope it gets to you soon :) Enjoy!!!

David Wagner said...

Woohoo! Now I'll have Borderlands, Torchlight and Warbreaker to distract me from writing my novel! Gee, thanks! I'm 2,200 words in after one sitting last night... w00t w00t....

Abbie said...

good job dave! i'm so excited for you this month :D

Good work Krista! :)

havah said...

Hey, Dave. Do you ever check your NaNo mail? :-w

David Wagner said...

you know how clueless I am... sorry... I'll go find it now...

Krista said...

Thanks Abbie! It was a close call for sure :)