Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Though This Be Madness, Yet There is Method in it.



 Hooray for Monday! HOOOORAAAYYY!!!!!

Did it work? Hmm... not quite... lemme try again...

HOOOORRRAAAAAYYYYY!!! for Monday!

Ah, there we go...

Hope your week has started out well... I know it will finish well... turkey on Thursday, left-over turkey all weekend... that can't be anything but good. Don't forget the ham! Ah, I feel a little bit bad(ly?) for vegetarians this time of year... so much good ol' wholesome American meat to eat! Yummay for my tummay!

So, some of you (Vye!) might be interested to know, the solution I thought I'd come up with for that character in my novel is not going to work, for a variety of reasons. I thought I could force it to fit, but it just ain't going. I wrestled with it last night, overwrote a bunch of stuff, and don't have much to show for it... now I'm behind on my word count.

I have one more possible solution to try before I write the character out of the novel. Which is a giant bummer, since I dig the character so much. Actually, if I try the final solution (lol, sorry), and it doesn't work, I might just go ahead and lay out the conflict here and see if any of y'all have any ideas. Otherwise, sadly, she's gone.

Well, there's worse problems to have, to be sure... like this...





That'll ruin your holiday, eh? I guess hindsight being what it is, they should have trimmed the tree down further first, eh?



I don't remember if I posted this chair before... it's a recliner! Just tilt it back onto the legs you want, to adjust the angle. Wild eh? I do not want one though, so anyone contemplating what to get me for Christmas, don't do it...

I have a new love... it is the game Left 4 Dead. I can't help it... there's something about that game. Who would have thought I'd get such a kick out of mowing down zombies... yeah, yeah, I know, most of y'all aren't gamers and couldn't care less... I envy you, in a way. I think I'd be far more productive if I didn't spend the time I do living vicariously through in-game avatars...

Ah, well, while I'm on the game topic, check out this Back to the Future Delorean mod that someone made for Crysis...





I wish I wasn't such a nerd... but I can't help it. I really think that's cool.

Speaking of things that are cool, the first season of Big Bang Theory was on sale at Target for 12 bucks, so I bought it... Wifey and Eldest Daughter both really like it now, too... so shmoove. See, Bob? Your influence is spreading! You'll take over the world before we know it...

I'm done. Gonna go try and pound out a couple thousand words before bed time. Until tomorrow, remember, Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...



I love the Beatles lately...

EDIT

Sorry, one more video for you to watch... skip forward to about the 7:00 mark if you want to get to the part I want to show you... it's live music by John Mayer, filmed with an iPhone video cam... the musicians among us will enjoy it most, I think...



Dang, can you believe that? Uses the fan's iPhone as a slider thingy while it's recording... awsome....

4 comments:

logankstewart said...

Wow. Big Bang Theory for $12. That's a heck of a deal. I'm gonna have to run to Target today and look and see if that's still good.

That John Mayer video was awesome. I bet that fan'll never delete those files. Pretty cool.

Crystal said...

The John Mayer video is really cool. I wonder if that iPhone is on Ebay right now...

Abbie said...

lol, and I too will say that the john mayer video was cool! lol :)
DAVE!! you cannot write out a cool character! Thats horrible! can't you do like GRRM, who has a character then forgets about him/her for like a whole book then they come back in #2 or 3? doesn't he do that? can't you, while you're figuring out how to resolve it? mmmm, it saddens my heart that you might have to get rid of someone you like :(

Good luck with your word count! my cousin-in-law Laura has reached her 50,000 but she hasn't resolved it yet. She didn't do fantasy this time, which is usually her genre. She did a modern day real life story, so that should be interesting :)

Oh yeah, and that recliner chair is awesome!

Paula Titus said...

Great John Mayer video, and love the top photo.

I like Abbie's idea about your character, it could work! :)