Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lands, Titles, Men, Power, Nothing.



 Wow, my inspiration for tonight (viz. this blog) is at absolute zero for some reason... well, that's never stopped me before! The solution is usually, just start blabbing and see where it goes! If it get's too painful, I'll cut it short, I promise.

Really bummed about that shooting at Fort Hood today (Thursday). I have no idea what would possess someone to do something like that.... unless I just inadvertently answered my own question (viz. "possession"). I just keep thinking about that little schoolgirl that was so happy to see her dad in that video clip I posted a day or two ago, and I have to wonder about those 12 families who's hearts have been ripped out today. I hate that. I guess that could segue into the age-old question about why God allows people to do stuff like that, but hey, we've been down that rabbit hole before. The logical answer is that the alternative is actually counter-productive to the point of rendering this life moot, but I shall spare you all that...

OK, better throw a Funny Picture in here, before things go to pot...



The expiration date on jack-o-lantern pics is 7 days past Halloween, so I snuck this one under the wire. Snagged that pic off the Ramblings of the Bearded One's blog... that's gotta be the best carved pumpkin I saw this year. Awesome.

Went on my evening walk tonight... that's four out of five days this month thus far... are you proud of me? I'm also doing my push-ups and sit-ups still... I certainly won't confess to how pathetically few I can do at this point, but hey, I'm doin' them! Pretty soon I'll be all ripped and I'll walk around the house in just a speedo, all oiled up and flexing at myself in the mirror...

Or, maybe not...

Yech, poor mental visual! Quick, gimme a funny video to watch!



They certainly have a warped sense of humor in Japan. I enjoyed the giant snowball and the exploding cigarettes the best. I could do without the scare clips... I don't think scaring the cheese out of someone is funny at all, actually. And the squirting microphone I have mixed feelings about as well. Honestly, if someone pulled the squirting mike gag on me, I think I'd likely punch someone...

Still in the "introducing characters" part of the novel at this point. Once I get all the pieces on the board, I can start moving them around more. Although Vye's already had a cool subquest of sorts... I'm certainly not going to spoil it, though! Honestly, I like this approach of free-flow writing without getting too angsty over every detail at this point. I'm just going to roll with it. I look forward to writing more when I sign off here...

Dang, I'm fizzling fast here... better throw in a horsey pic and call it a night...



And on that note, I am out. Hopefully my mood will improve soon and I can find y'all some better stuff to skim. Don't make me have to bust out a bad poem... I'll do it, you know I will...


 Until tomorrow, then, remember, down with this sort of thing!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Dave, I must confess that I thought a few parts of the prank video were hilarious. The best one was the Emu (?) showing up in the restroom! A.

David Wagner said...

That would certainly freak me out...

Abbie said...

good job with the walking too dave! hope you are having a good day!