Saturday, November 7, 2009

What Ever Takes the Focus Off Your Head...


"Tote bag" or "boat tag," which one?

No! No, I didn't work on the camp slideshow today! But I thought about it! The day just got away from me again! It's funny... I have this place in my mind (or wherever) into which certain things slip, and it's like a mental Bermuda Triangle. Once a project slips into it, it's nearly impossible for it to escape. It seems as though the Camp Slideshow (from last June, mind you) has slipped into that netherworld. It's like I can look at the place on my mental shelf where it should be sitting, awaiting attention, but it's just... gone... and I stand there, mouth open, looking at the empty spot on the shelf, a puzzled look dancing around on my face, as though I can't quite understand where it went... so I go play Torchlight instead...

Check this out...



It's a fire screen that goes in front of your fireplace, so that when you have a fire going, the visual looks like London is burning...



Whoever thought that one up needs to win a prize or something. They have one for Rome also. They need to make one of Atlanta, so that you can get that Gone With the Wind vibe. I saw the article HERE.

Here is an alarm clock that has two halogen lamps inside it...



... and ten minutes before the time you set to get up, they turn on and start cooking the two slices of bacon you put in it the night before. It doesn't make noise - you just wake up to the smell of cooking bacon. Then you eat it. Classic.

If you prefer a different approach, check this one out...



The alarm clock is built into a floor mat, and when it goes off, the only way to turn it off is to get up and stand on it. Now that's a smart concept. More cool alarm clocks HERE.

I was walking to the top of Beethoven again tonight, listening to the KJV on my iPod (Deuteronomy tonight), once again marveling at the awesome monologues that are scattered throughout the Bible. I've always had an idea to cull out some of the great Bible monologues and assemble them into a performance of some kind, and I think that idea is one step closer to a reality. There were two in Acts that I thought would be great, and Moses has a couple powerhouse monologues in Duet as well. I know there are several in the gospels that sprang to mind. I think there might be something strong and unique about seeing someone perform the scripture rather than just trying to read it. It might be very cool.

If you haven't seen ZOOMQUILT, you should check it out. If you like surrealist, Dali-esque artwork, you'll get a kick out of it. It's a flash thing, so I can't embed it here.

And now, using a helicopter to walk a dog...



Don't ask; I have no idea.

Still a little behind on my daily writing goal. Gonna try and kick it into overdrive tonight and crank out about 2K words to get caught up. Squish me luck!

Saw some awesome news today on Steam! Not only will it only be awesome to me, but likely I'll be the only one reading this blog that will even know what the heck I'm talking about! But I'm going to mention it anyway, because it's my potty and I'll cry if I want to! I saw that Croteam has recreated the original Serious Sam First Encounter game with their brand new "Serious Three" engine and are re-releasing it as "Serious Sam HD"! Isn't that amazing!? The first Serious Sam game was my very favorite mindless run-n-gun FPS game ever... no real storyline, just tons of ammo, big guns, and an endless stream of jillions of baddies swarming toward you, begging to be shredded, shotgunned and otherwise obliterated. I was actually thinking about digging it out, dusting it off, and playing it again sometime soon, but the graphics in the original are kind of tired by now, so that's always stopped me... but now that it's getting a shiny new overhaul, Dave's a happy boy! No release date yet, but it should be very soon.



See? What did I tell you... you have *no idea* what I'm talking about, and honestly, you have far bigger things on your mind than sparing the brainpower necessary to care about such trivial nonsense... in fact, you've sort of lost a little respect for me now, haven't you...



There, that ought to earn me back a little respect...

I had other nonsense to post up here, but I think I'm going to call it a day. Gonna go try and summon the strength to work on the camp slideshow, so that when Lloyd asks me about it tomorrow, I'll be able to say I worked on it, and not have to hang my head in shame. I just know Lloyd's gonna punch me... I just know it...

Until tomorrow, remember, I hold myself in contempt! Why should you be any different?

8 comments:

Joseph said...

Can't say I ever got into Serious Sam too much. I'm glad you enjoy it though. Now COD: Modern Warfare 2, THAT is a game I'm excited about. Tuesday, Dave! Tuesday!

David Wagner said...

$60 for a game? No thank you. Heck, I waited 18 months to get Modern Warfare 1, and barely made a dent in it... surprised. I thought I;d like it a lot. I'm sure I'll give it another shot (pardon the pun).

Playing Call of Duty 1 + its expansion is probably my favorite single-player gaming experience ever, any genre.

logankstewart said...

Agreed. The London firescreen is awesome and there should be an award given to whoever thought of it.

It seems like leaving bacon on overnight like that wouldn't be sanitary, but don't quote me on that.

Abbie said...

haha, yeah, i agree with Logan. If that alarm clock doesn't cook it enough you could get taenia solium, a nasty little parasite that can turn into a tape worm :D muahaha, but it is still a cool invention! Nice new "my little corner of the world" background pic!! But, its a little long, it runs off my page :P

The firescreen is awesome :)

David Wagner said...

I was hoping it would automatically re-size to fit everyone's resolution, but I guess not. It was actually a little small for my display... anyway, I moved to title to the left side, and made the banner a bit smaller... hope that works better for you... now if some gets cut off, it will be the end without the title...

Krista said...

Man, that fire screen really is awesome! It deserves major points :)

Those alarm clocks are pretty cool, too! The pig one is just funny :D

Oh, and I really love the opening picture... the color contrast is just amazing, and it really makes me wanna get my camera out and start taking pictures. :)

Best.

havah said...

Awesome opening photograph....We're alike in the Bermuda-Brain area...Really creative firescreen...Love the first alarm clock, but need the second one...Walked a little yesterday and am feeling it a little today...Glad they didn't have that stop sign back in SA when the Hammer Man serial killer was on the loose...Oh, I updated.

havah said...

Oh, and in case you get tired of shooting those zombies... Zombie Bowl-A-Rama