Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mozart... I Can't Think of a Time when I Did Not Know His Name...



A little fine art for you there, just to make sure you're sufficiently cultured.

Seriously little to report today. I mean, dangerously little. Once you realize just how little of note I have to report today, you might get mildly rankled... just so you know. Prepare for mild rankling...

The Christmas Play is moving along nicely. There are several choice lines/scenes that I can see already will be a great hit. It was a good call to cast Rebekah and Rebecca as the main playas. I don't foresee any problems. Although Melissa Derr had to leave practice a little early - she got a (the?) flu shot and was having a reaction of some kind... looked a little scary. I trust she's ok...

The novel is moving along nicely still. I wrote that "key scene" I was nervous about, and for a first attempt, I'd say it came off pretty dang good. [Dave pats himself on the back, twisting his arm] Ow! Now I need to decide what to write tonight... the aftermath, or one of the other storylines... I'm focusing so much on the main quest group storyline that the others are lagging... in fact, I've written more about Vye/Abbie/Yanni/Dave than I have the other three main storylines put together. Shannon made her first contribution in last night's big scene... I'm stoked to finally work her in as an actual character, instead of an indirect one...

With my first novel attempt (The Master's Program), I divided the story up by chapter, and gave each chapter its own MSWord file, rather than dump it all into one massive file. With this fantasy story, I'm doing it differently. I'm giving each storyline its own MSWord file, and I'm writing them almost as if they were four individual stories. I have full confidence I'll be able to mesh them together into one draft, when the time comes. In fact, I have other storylines to start, and new characters yet to introduce... I didn't want to dump them all in from the get-go... I'm trying to pace myself, so it's easier to write, and (hopefully) easier to read and follow the action... it would be a shame to confuse things by introducing too much from the start.

Believe it or not, the camp slideshow is almost done.

I bought a Beatles CD today... I know, my mom and I plan on buying the complete remastered set for Xmas this year... but I was there, at Target, by the music, and they were all there... and so I grabbed one, just to give me some Beatles to listen to in the interim. I bought Magical Mystery Tour, mostly for Strawberry Fields Forever, I Am the Walrus and Penny Lane. Believe it or not, there is one out-right dreadful (musically) song on the album, called Blue Jay Way... what's up with that?

I guess that's it. The play, the book, the slideshow and the Beatles... that's what's consuming me of late. I guess I'm kind of "in the zone". I feel no desire to dig up randomness, sorry. I'll probably start losing followers... well, I suppose that's for the best. I plan on pretty much stopping after Jan 1 anyway... the worst thing that could happen, at this point, is to be featured on "Blogs of Note", and get hundreds of new followers... then I'd feel compelled by guilt to continue the daily thing -- which has its positive aspects, don't get me wrong. The biggest problem is, like today, feeling empty, as far as something worth reading to share. I'm happy with our quaint little group here. You understand me!

I'll stop boring you now. If you've skimmed this far, I appreciate it. Gonna go write some more.

I hope your Thanksgiving week is a great one. Until tomorrow, ummm... yeah.


5 comments:

Sodi said...

YAY! YAY! GO! GO! BOUNCE! BOUNCE!

Congratulations on the big scene

YAY for Shannon and her contribution in the big scene!

Paula Titus said...

No more blogs after Jan? Awww :(

Happy to hear the scene writing went swimmingly!

havah said...

I'm go glad to hear that things are going well all round for you! Don't worry about digging up entertainment for your blog...I can honestly say that I enjoy it just as much when you just chat about your day. It's like stopping for a quick cup of coffee with a friend. :)

The cat photo is fantastic! *L* I wonder if the drum will survive? :0

PS I'm sorry I've missed a few comments. Got some stuff going on.

David Wagner said...

Shannon for President!

Paula: I doubt I'll quit altogether, but I'll definitely be tapering back. I'm just following your example!!!

Havah: Good luck with your "stuff"... glad you liked the cat pic. Thanks for always stopping by! I'll keep the coffee on for ya...

Abbie said...

yay for shannon!!
and sorry dave that I didn't really give you time on Sunday night to explain Yanni's character to me. I'm glad though you are having fun writing him! I'm excited excited!!! :D oh and good luck with the other story lines you are writing! Hope you get it all done before the deadline :)