Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sometimes, in Order to See the Light, You Have to Risk the Dark...



"Pistachio" or "mustachioed," which one?

Sunday came and went in a blur of church, lunch, torchlight, starbucks, subway, web crawling and play practice. Let me give you an idea how it will end: grape juice makes my stomach hurt for some reason. And at the moment, I am drinking grape juice. You may wonder why I would purposely do something that I know will make my stomach hurt. Well, it's because I'm not 'all there' upstairs, if you know what I mean...

Seriously, would a man who had it all together actually post this video in his blog?



I think that pretty much sums it up.

Click HERE to see a series of terrifically cool animated steroeviews of old Japan. Stereoviews were all the rage back in the day... they consisted of a pair of photographs that were identical, except they were snapped from *slightly* different angles. When the pics were inserted into special glasses and viewed, the effect was 3d. Normally you'd need the glasses to view them right, but that site I linked has a bunch of old ones set up as oscillating animated GIFs which might be a little jarring at first, but once your eyes adjust to the slight back and forth, I think you'll enjoy them as much as I do...



I worked on the camp slideshow today! Yay! I sifted, cropped and cleaned a veritable buttload of pics, at long last. Once I finish sifting, cropping and cleaning, I'll import them all into iPhoto, then transfer them into iMovie, group them on the timeline, add "effects", add music, and tinker endlessly with it until it's *just right*... in other words, still a lot of work ahead of me. That does it... pass the grape juice...

Help! I have that Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA" stuck in my head! HELP!!!1! It's repeating like a counter-productive mantra, over and over and over... "and a JZ song was on.... and a JZ song was on... and a JZ song was on...."

Make it stop!!! :O AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!



More progress on the novel - your encouragement is appreciated! I'm confident I can easily hit the 50K goal by the end of the month. How far along in the story I will be at that time is anyone's guess.... but I'll hopefully keep going until I hit "the end". I am, however, anticipating that I will need at least one brainstorm person, to lay out my plans for the story with, that can give thumbs up and/or thumbs down to various ideas, so I can better decide what to pursue and what to trim.... any volunteers?

And now, SONY's new 360 degree TV technology...



Not sure how I feel about it. I guess you'd set it in the middle of your room or what? "Sony envisions its commercial use in digital signage or medical imaging -- or as a 3D photo frame, a television, a house for your virtual pet, or a visualizer to assist with web shopping in the home." Ah, I see.... well, good luck to them, I guess.

Well, one more little random bit before I hit the road. The entire remastered Beatles collection, including all 14 albums (as both FLAC and MP3 formats), all 13 mini-documentaries, the album art, rare photos and linear notes, all bundled onto a custom 16GB flash drive that stores inside a little green apple (don't tell Jim Neighbors!)...



Mom and I were going to treat ourselves to the Remastered Beatles collection for Christmas this year... this might be the route we take. It's pretty awesome...

And with that, I'm done. You guys like the new blog header? All this time, and I never changed it once... I think it was overdue... I may rotate them more frequently...



Until tomorrow, remember, Blogging Tip #32: Have a daily movie quote contest to get lots of comments!

10 comments:

havah said...

Pistachios, thank you.

Umm...how do find weird things like the Squid-Vid? I mean, seriously...what do you put into search engines, Dave?! o_O

Those stereoviews are too cool! I had no idea you could do that.

Way to go with the slideshow. I lose huge gobs of time fiddling with photos. I'm sure you will too!

Good thing I don't know the Miley song, huh? Otherwise, no sleep for me!

Well, Dave, do you ever check your NaNoMail? Hmm? Great going with the novel!!

Yes, well...the Sony thing is nothing if not versatile. It would probably work out cheaper than my real pets, if they take that route.

The Beatle apples are very cool...but...umm...why apples? What missing am I?

New blog header is very pretty.

Now...Enjoy your grape juice!

Krista said...

It sounds as though you have been quite productive these past few days... Camp slideshow and your novel is moving along... that's awesome! Good luck to you!! And hey, I'd love to see the slidshow and read your book...

That Beatle's apple is really cool, but I agree with Havah ... why apples? lol :)

Very pretty header... I think if you change it up a few times a month or every couple months it'd be cool too :) You always find the best photos....

Oh, and LOL about that last sentence there, haha :DD

All the best, Dave, and good luck with the many projects!!!

logankstewart said...

Havah & Krista: The Apple comes from the fact that the Beatles were produced by Apple Records.

Dave: Video too weird. Stereoviews awesome. NaNoWriMo great work (I'm behind now). For the price of the Beatles ipod you can also get the actual cd collection, too, which contains all the other goodies. And the header looks nice, too.

Krista said...

Haha, thanks Logan!

Oh and Dave "and a Britney song was on, and a Britney song was on ..." MUAHAHAHAHA! :DDD

Abbie said...

haha, i hope that song is stuck in your head because you have been watching the video your daughters posted on FB with the guy signing it! that was so hysterical!! and pretty cool too :)

yeah, the header pic still goes off the page a little, but at least your words do not, so its all good :)

And I'd volunteer to be your idea person but I'd probably like every single one of them and tell you keep them all and so that wouldn't be helpful :D lol...

Good job working on the slideshow!! I'm very glad!!! Can't wait to see it!!

havah said...

Thanks, Logan! I have been educated. :)

Bob said...

Hi Dave! How come you only comment on my blog when there's a movie quote contest going on??? Miss you...

Yours sincerely,
B.

David Wagner said...

Havah: Here is the trail that led me to post the dancing squid clip. A month or two ago, I googled websites that posted fun, random things, which led to a site called "Read Write Web", which had an article in their archive called "10 sites for finding wonderful things," which had after it, in the comments section, dozens of user-posted comments about other sites that should be recommended. About 50 comments in, someone recommended a site called Pink Tentacle, which posts weird random Asian stuff... they had the squid clips, as well as the sterioeview link I posted above, too. So I don't just randomly troll YouTube - that's a good way to find stuff you'd rather not see. I usually check one of my dozens of links to websites that find the cool random stuff for me, and I mooch from them.

There, now my secret is out...

Glad Logan answered the "Beatles/Apple" question, because I had no clue! 10 points for Logan.

Thanks for the well-wishing Krista. Gonna keep plugging along while the fire is there...

Abbie, yeah the kids watched that video clip of that Miley song about a zillion times. Plus, they walk around the house with their iTouches, playing her songs all the time. Ah, well, at least they're not into, like Slayer or Metallica or something...

Bob: Start a blog, and I will comment in it! You = The Man.

Paula Titus said...

Very nice header, and happy to hear you're making good progress on the novel, way to go! :)

I have to wonder what one is supposed to do with the cord on a TV that sits in the center of the room? (shrug)

havah said...

And what a long and winding trail it is! Thanks, Dave. :D