Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Once Fixed a Door that Wasn't Even Broken Yet...


 
Hello, everyone!

Anyone?

Ah, there you are, I see you in the back there. OK, good, now I can begin...

What? Oh... uh, no, this isn't the blog for Glee fans, sorry. The Wagner Women love that show, though... does that count? No, I've never seen an episode... I tried, though. I sat with them a week or two ago and lasted approximately 1.65 minutes... Hey, I like Gilmore Girls, though... great writing in that show, and it's a girlie show... is that close enough?

No, it isn't quite the same, is it...

Hmm? What do I talk about here in this blog? Well, that depends... I usually post a nice pic or two, like this...



Yeah, not bad. I also post funny pics, like this...



It doesn't mean anything. It's just a picture. Puppets don't do anything for you, eh? Well, how about little dog costumes?



Come on, that's pretty funny, right? No? Ah, well, different strokes, I guess...

How about a funny video clip?





Yeah, legos. Well, it's a recreation of a scene from The Matrix. You know, The Matrix. You never saw The Matrix, are you kidding me? Ah, well, you should rent it, it's awesome. Just the first film, not the sequels.

Well, I also post links to weird stuff I find while web lurking... like this steel velcro...



Why would you need steel velcro? Well, it can withstand temperatures of up to 800 degrees celcius, and can hold between 7 and 35 tons of weight per square meter, depending on if the weight is pulling perpendicular or sliding parallel. Cool, right? Then I post a link to the story, LIKE THIS.

Well, no, I guess you wouldn't really ever need to use it, but it's cool to know that it exists anyway, right?

Hmm... well, I could monologue on something for a bit - usually a whine of some sort... I'll make this one book-related...

Ahem...

So, that Faithwriters Forum thread on using real people in your writing? Everyone posting is universally, strongly opposed to the idea. Everyone says don't do it, even with permission. They say offending the people is unavoidable. I don't get it, but I'm naive like that. Still, I think I'll cut back on the real people I plan on including, and make the bulk of them completely fabricated. I think Vye, Shannon, Abbie and Yanni all are ok with it, so maybe I'll just make it those four and myself, and change everyone else. The more I consider it, the more I see the wisdom in it... if I load it up with real people, and get all of them spot-on but one, and that one person gets pissed, then it would likely spoil the whole project for me... I want it to be a fun, light, enjoyable adventure... I guess people are more complex than I realize.

There, how was that? No, I can't sing it, sorry. Yeah, I know, the Glee thing, I get it. Trust me, you don't want to hear me sing.

Well, I guess I'll speak briefly on my plans for Thanksgiving and sign off. Thanks for sticking around this long. No one else showed...

Going up with the family to my Sweet Mommy's house. The Ruckles are going to go up there as well, with their kids and Ruth's parents. My sister and brother John will be there as well. Should be a good time. If I get any pics, I'll post them. I plan on bringing my laptop to write, but I doubt I'll get to... I have to be social... it's hard to be social when your face is buried in a notebook.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you all have a great Holiday weekend. See ya when I see ya.

Dave

7 comments:

marky said...

Steel velcro!! I'd never lose a trainer again! I've got to get me some of that.;-)

Abbie said...

happy thanksgiving dave :)

Crystal said...

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving, Dave!

Unknown said...

I still think you should write it and not worry about what others think... But your the boss. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Dave. Hope you have a great day!

Krista said...

Haha, I really liked the Gilmore Girls! Hope you've had an awesome Turkey Day :)

Paula Titus said...

The little dog costume is so sweet. :) Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Actually,good post. thx