"Terrible" or "Tear a bill," which one?
Another Sunday gets an X on the calendar. Kind of an odd day today, though I can't really say why. Pretty standard fare, as far as Sunday's go. Eldest Daughter got baptised tonight. I'm proud of her, of course. Still, I'm feeling a bit bummed. Of course, I just ate a big plate of leftover spaghetti, so maybe that will help! Nothing takes the edge off a mild depression like overloading on carbs at 10pm... A move I'll likely regret... well, at least my old friend Acid Reflux will keep me company tonight as I read into the wee hours...
Played some killer rounds of Battlefield 2 between services today.
Wow, am I reaching for things to talk about, or what? I guess it's "bottom of the barrel" time at the ol' blog! I better stick in a cool video clip, in a classic move of misdirection to trick you into thinking this post is interesting!
There, a clip of an insane ping pong volley. Whew, that was close! I almost lost you there! While I have you distracted, I might as well go for...
Todayve In History: April 6
- Here's a quirky bit of trivia... the famous Italian painter Rafael was born April 6, 1483 and died April 6, 1520 - on his 37th birthday.
- April 6, 1722: Peter the Great ends the tax on men with beards. (Think of the money they shaved!)
- April 6, 1789: The 1st US Congress had its first general session. (It started with a looooong speech by Philip Buster...)
- April 6, 1869: The first plastic (celluloid) was patented. (And the credit card companies rejoiced!)
- April 6, 1868: Brigham Young married his 27th (& final) wife. (Good grief! The shoe bill alone should have bankrupted him!)
- April 6, 1925: The first movie to be shown on an airplane happened. (I bet the movie wasn't Alive!)
Yeah, I know the "filibuster" joke was lame, sorry. I guess I should have said they debated Universal Health Care or something... Actually, the "shaved" pun was pretty bad, too... oh no, I'm losing you again! Quick, Dave! Think!
I know! A funny picture!
Hmm, nope. That didn't work either... I don't know what else to do. I don't have a Favorite Movie Scenes video post for you yet (it's coming soon), and the next Wagnervana comic isn't ready yet (also coming soon)... I could regale you with more of my quasi-theological ramblings! No, that borders on torture... it's unwise to torture your readers...
Well, I guess I'll just cut my losses and call it a day. Until tomorrow, I ask you, why do our noses run and our feet smell?