"Carbonated" or "carbon dated", which one?
Hello all. I hope you are doing well, wherever you are.
Today was Friday, and it was a good one at that. Spent some time bouncing back and forth between responsible and not-as-responsible today. Which means work and play - in this case, the "play" was working on the comic. It still needs some finishing touches - if I finish it tonight, I'll sneak it into this post. If not, tomorrow for sure.
Tonight we ate at a nice local restaurant for my eldest daughter's 19th birthday. It was nice. Great food (and lots of it), great company. Mom and Johnny Boy were there, as well as Zack, Rebekah and Anna J.
A Quick Lesson: Our 3-year-old was so excited all day long about going out to eat to celebrate her older sister's birthday that she didn't take her afternoon nap. She made it into the restaurant, then snuggled up next to gramma and slept practically the whole dinner. O, the irony of it! All she talked about all day was going out, then she missed it. The moral of the stroy: Take Your Nap!
Boom! Lesson done, lickity split. I should do more fast lessons like that. I could call it "ASAP's Fables", lol.
Actually, that's pretty good....
Todayve In History: April 25
- April 25, 1940: Al Pacino was born. (Dude... he killed Fredo. That was just... wrong.)
- April 25, 1684: A patent was granted for the thimble. (And the percuthion thection wath never the thame.)
- April 25, 1792: The guillotine was first used. (Now, that's losin' yer head!)
- April 25, 1915: The Battle of Gallipoli begins. (Well, no more Waltzing Mathilda for me, I guess...)
- April 25, 1990: The Hubble Telescope is deployed into space from the Space Shuttle Discovery. ("Hubble" is short for "Hubble-Long Cassidy")
That reminds me - Netflix sent me Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid instead of Eagle Eye... I wonder if someone's trying to tell me something... I'll still watch it - it was on my queue anyway!
Hey, check out the size of this human pyramid.
I don't have anything else for you today. I'm feeling pretty spent. I may turn in now, who knows. I live life by the seat of my pants, so there's no way to know what I'll do next after submitting this. (by the way, a more literal interpretation of "living by the seat of my pants" applies as well... I'm seated in my office chair for most of every day!)
Until tomorrow, I ask you, why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?