Monday, February 2, 2009

That's Impossible...We Used Them All In The Raisin Toast!

Groundhog Day!

Here I had a whole other clip to show you today, from James Cameron's The Abyss, and I failed to realize until just now that it's Groundhog Day today (or rather, it was... day's almost over). So I'm going to shelve the Abyss clip until tomorrow, and go grab a clip from the movie Groundhog Day, which is one of my favorite comedy scripts ever.

But that will take time, so I'll just toss the rest of this thread up here in the mean time, ("Mom, what does this mean: "in the mean time"?), and once the clip is ready, I'll wedge it in here.

Got a lot of work done today... plus I got Crown Stealer hooked back up, and I'm going through the re-installation process, as far as the games and applications I need on there. Tedious, but fun. Went to a class at church tonight (B.E. II), and it went well.

Man, I'm scrambling for stuff to talk about again... not much interesting happened...

Maybe I should post another sample from The Name of the Wind, which I am nearly finished with. I hate to belabor the situation, but it has been years since I read a book like this - maybe even ever. I'll probably succeed only in over-hyping the book and if you ever read it, your expectation level will be too high, and you'll feel gyped, but I can't help it. Maybe it's just something that hit me just right - right place, right time in my life, etc., I don't know. I'll I know is that I draw near the end, I want to race to finish, and yet go slooow and savor it, all at the same time.

I won't post another segment... 2 days in a row? That would be poor form indeed.

I will, however, post a very funny YouTube clip from a Japanese gameshow that you might also find amusing... the contestants have to quickly recite a tongue twister or... uh... suffer the consequences...



I'm amazed at what they can get away with on TV over there. What a bizarre sense of humor... still, it's always good for a laugh.

I'll pop back in with the Groundhog Day clip soon.

EDIT: OK, here's that clip from Groundhog Day that I threatened you with. Hope it was worth the hassle!



Until tomorrow, Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!
(Waiter's response is the title of this post)

1 comment:

havah said...

*rofl* Oh dear. Glad I'm a girl! I'm not amazed that's on TV...I'm amazed they have contestants at all! Oh, how I wish I could speak Japanese. *L*

I didn't know it was Groundhog Day today...I'm just a dumb foreigner. ;) It's one of my favourite movies though. I rather wonder how much better off I might be if I got stuck in a day for a while too. Just not a really baaaaaaad day. :D