Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Ann Throp...



Cool beans.

Well, it rained and poured today. Went into the rug shop, got some shtuff done, forgot my jacket (of course) and crawled home up the jam-packed freeway. Whee!

But that's ok - I'm still kind of riding high from reading that quick comment that Joe Abercrombie left on yesterday's post... yeah, yeah, I know "He's just a dude, Dave, like you and me. Pants on one leg at a time" and all that. Still, I can't help it... it was wicked cool that he somehow found out I mentioned him (a search of some sort, I guess), and took a second to drop a comment in. Friggin cool.

Or someone is playing a joke on me! Which is also pretty cool, actually. Either way, cool.

Anyway, ironically enough, I decided to continue reading The Briar King last night. Got another 30 pages in, when I decided to stop. As in, stop. It's just not very good. So I pretty much decided as I drifted off to sleep last night that First Law, Book Two was getting cracked open today. I started reading it earlier today, and it felt great, like an old friend.

The book is called "Before They Are Hanged", which (it turns out) is part of a cool quote by someone named Heinrich Heine, which is as thus: "We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged."

Anyway...

Decided to give LOST season 5 a chance, so I've been watching the episodes on ABC's website. It's good enough to hold my interest, but that's it. It'll never be as good as Season one. Second season had it's moments. Never been the same. Love the actor (Michael Emerson) that plays Ben Linus, though. I wouldn't mind seeing him cast as the Riddler in the next Batman flick. That is, if Christian Bale can keep from totally melting down in the meanwhile...

Guess I'll segue into tonight's clip. Comedy again tonight - The Hudsucker Proxy. Quirky cool flick. Video quality is a bit muddy tonight - I imported it from a previously-ripped file rather than ripping it fresh - so there's a bit of a downgrade, quality-wise. Still a good clip/movie, methinks.


I also said "Paul Buscemi" instead of Steve... my mistake, sorry.

Well, I'm gonna try to get Battlefield 2 up and running so I can save the world.

Until tomorrow, "Catsup" or "Ketchup"... you decide.

No comments: