Friday, February 20, 2009

OMG! Onion Rings! Run! Run For Your Lives!


:O YAAAY, Friday!

Sure, all work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy and all that, but what about all play and no work? Does that make Johnny a giggling simp? What about the perfect balance of work and play? What about a nice mix of work, play, errands and web surfing? What does that make Johnny?

Whew! Good thing I'm a Dave and not a Johnny!

Gonna make this a quick post for now... getting ready to leave with the family to go to church. Working on the Easter service tonight. I'm supposed to bring a rough draft of the script tonight. Oh, it's rough all right... I only have Act 1 and part of Act 2 down... the rest is in my pointy head. But I'll bring the good ol' MacBook Pro with me, and tinker with the script during practice, while the rest of the crew works on other songs.

I decided against reading more of The Darkness That Comes Before last night, and opted for the Good Book instead. Isaiah always seems to be my default, go-to book to read when cracking the Book open. I was in chapter 41 last night. Nice and cryptic, w00t.Especially in the KJV. Good stuff.

Isaiah 41:10: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Saw in the news today that my bank Citibank, with whom I have no less than a half-dozen accounts, may be "seized" by the government. Hmm. They're such a great bank, I wish they were in better shape. I have no clue what it would mean if Citibank was taken under government control. Why couldn't it have happened to Wells Fargo instead? I hate Wells Fargo. They are of the devil.

So I have another clip for you tonight, in tonight's episode of These Are A Few of My Favorite Scenes. Gonna hit you with a car chase scene, from the first Bourne movie.



Hope you enjoy(ed) that clip. Ironically enough, it's one of my favorites! :O I got the director's first name wrong again. It's Doug, not Paul. How will you ever forgive me?

Better hit the road now. If I have more to add, I'll log back in and edit it in here. If not, I'll drop it on you tomorrow.

Until tomorrow, if you sing It's A Small World one more time, I'm gonna ssssslap you!

1 comment:

havah said...

Okay, I admit it, I love a good car chase scene. And I love the Bourne movies (although I actually haven't seen the third one yet). I read the books when I was in high school, so I can't much comment on the writing.

Isaiah 41:8-14 is my verse. You know, the one God gives you when you're broken and need to know He's real? Long story...

As for the bank...I use a credit union (woot!) but my balance is less than $10, so it makes no difference to me in the long run. Ahh, the freedom of the cashless. :D