Saturday, February 7, 2009

:O - BUURP!


Rainy Saturday. Normally, the perfect day to play games on my PC until my eyes bleed... then go to the mall and walk about, spending money I don't really have on stuff I don't really need.

But not today. Today, I stayed inside all day, in my jammies (so to speak) and read Before They Are Hanged. Almost done with it - less than a hundred pages to go. Hope to finish it tonight. Great story, top to bottom. But really, it has more profanity in it than even Martin's does - and that's quite a feat. I suppose you get numb to it after a while, and just kind of gloss over it. I still don't see the need. I kind of view it like a crutch - you should be able to express anger, rage, shock, sarcasm, etc., without resorting to a torrent of profanity. Still, it's a page turner, make no mistake.

There's something awesome about falling into a great book. A big hole opens up in the page, and you go tumbling in head over heels (or "breakfast over lunch" as some say). Love it.

Church tomorrow. Wonder if it will be rainy tomorrow as well? I don't mind the rain; we can sure use the water here in So Cal. Maybe I'll wear my trenchcoat tomorrow and pretend I'm cool and/or mysterious. lol. Sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face...

In keeping with my "lazy Saturday" mood, I'm going to pass on my "clip of the day" today, if it's ok with you. If I stumble upon a favorite video clip from Hulu or YouTube, I'll post that, but I'm just not feelin' it today.

Are you heartbroken? Meh, you'll live...

Anyway, that's that. I'm gonna get back to reading.

Until tomorrow, *insert witty statement here*...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOME.
SENATORS OVERSEAS - MAINE.
ARIZONA.
TIES HARPER.
TIES QUEEN.