Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ahh! Now That Makes Sense!


Happy Saturday to all 1 of you that read this blog! Yay! Yay for my reader!

Good thing I have a huge invisible audience that also tunes in. They love me! They've been with me for as long as I can recall. They've laughed at my jokes, enjoyed my acting, listened to my sermons and rants, chuckled when I passed wind... basically, they're perfect. Like a room-full of moms...

Worked on some stuff for Piranha and for the rug site today. Played some Crysis (hey, somebody has to save the world, ya know), played a little Team Fortress 2 online with Dimitri, watched the first half of Constantine (with Keanu, bro!) and edited together tonight's video clip.

Constantine was pretty weak, actually. As I said, I made it about half-way through before I pulled the plug. Hey, I enjoy a good supernatural thriller as much as the next guy, but this one was pretty cliche, and Keanu's lack of acting skills wore me down. Like bad writing.

That reminds me, I read the rest of the prologue of The Darkness That Comes Before last night, and surprisingly, the writing improved ever-so-slightly. Enough that I'm going to give it another go tonight. I'm taking it a day at a time now. It's on literary probation. I have a three strikes law when it comes to mediocre books...

In fact, I'm going to make it a point to picture Keanu now when I'm reading the book's main character Kellhus. 

In keeping with today's Keanu theme, I'm going to play a scene from Finding Nemo as my Favorite Scene episode tonight. It's the scene where we meet the sea turles for the first time. Crush definitely has the strong Keanu vibe going.



My next project will be a new intro to the Favorite Scenes, and also trying to convert my many "cool video clips" from WMV files into MOV so that I can add them to the end of each episode. Can't import WMV files into iMovie, and my converter that I have seems to have trouble converting them as well. I'll track down a solution, fear not!

I watched this clip on the credit crisis late last night, and I thought it went miles toward helping me understand what the problem is, so I thought I'd embed it here.


The Crisis of Credit Visualized from Jonathan Jarvis on Vimeo.

Now if they could just make one showing how it's going to be fixed, I'd breathe a sigh of relief...

Until tomorrow, peas and carrots, peas and carrots, peas and carrots...

1 comment:

havah said...

I loved Finding Nemo. Ocean-life is cool. :) Oh, and it was always a great movie to use in class when we were discussing epics. :D