Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Come On Out, You Dirty Slobs! Flanagan's Back!


Well, howdy, y'all! Look at me; I'm a cowboy! Notice the 10 gallon hat, chaps and spurs... OK, I'm not wearing any of that, fine, I'm not a cowboy. But if I'm not a cowboy, then why did I say "howdy" just then, eh? See, I got you there, don't I... you gotta admit, I make a good point. And I make a good nerd. And I make a good pizza...

O, never mind.

As you can see, I found a nice new layout for the blog... gives me a little more breathing room. It stretches to fit your monitor width! No more wasted space on the sides! Now, wasted words, on the other hand... 'Wasted love! God, I just wish I could get it back.'

Things are quickly settling back to normal around here, 'tis sad. Ah, vacation, I hardly knew ye. I edited an interview transcript for Piranha today, and I'm in the process of formatting it in Quark Xpress as we speak. Pull-out quotes, hot tips sheet, print to PDF, email it tonight, and I'm done, boom. Just like that. The interview is with an internet marketing genius who talks about doing successful product launches online. I think I'm going to try one for the Rug Care Central site and see if I can make a ton of dough. Then I will buy you all nice gifts, because that's the only way I've been trained to show love and appreciation - buying gifts. Well, that and slaps on the buttocks... I'll let you decide which one you want...

Made a dent into the Terry Brooks book last night. I know some of you are fans, so I will refrain from sounding too negative, but let me just say I hope his writing evolves into something a little less, shall we say, "pedestrian." Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a snob, sorry. I guess I've been spoiled by Rothfuss. Speaking of Rothfuss, he submitted the manuscript for his next book to his publisher earlier this month. It's mammoth. Check it out...


He said it took him more than three reams of paper to print it out. That's a copy of his first book next to it, for scale. Dang, that's gonna take a while to edit - I don't envy the person who has to do that. That photo was from his blog, by the way... don't want you thinking he printed out a copy just for me...

Watched Yes Man the other night. Being a multifaceted snob (literary and cinematic), I was not impressed. Jim Carrey... man, what happened to you? I thought he was miscast in that role. In fact, I thought the casting was problematic across the board. Except for Terrance Stamp - he's cool. Whenever I see him, I think of my mom... 'No one who leads so many could possibly kneel so quickly'...

I'm feeling pretty mellow today for some reason - which is a bummer for you all, I'm sure. My blogs are far more interesting when I'm in manic mode. Sorry. I'll have to fire down a couple Red Bull's an hour or so before posting tomorrow, to try and make up for it... 'Details of your incompetence do not interest me...'

In an effort to make up for the fact that I'm mellow today, I present this face:

I love this face. I think you will be seeing it frequently in this blog. In fact, I'm considering making this face a character in my comic that randomly appears to burp out sage wisdom and then disappear. If that isn't the ultimate burp face, I don't know what is... unless he's screaming. "You owe me a scream."









Hmm... I'm still feeling mellow, I don't know what to do... 'you're maudlin and full of self pity - you're magnificent!' Well, maybe this will help...




Hmm... that helped. Better check Todayve In History and see if there's anything worth mentioning... Hmm... Golden Gate Bridge opens to pedestrian traffic in 1937... nope, not interesting. Oscar Wilde imprisoned for sodomy in 1895... nope, sodomy is never funny... Louis Gossett Jr, born 1936... meh, I could post a Diggstown clip, but I just did a video clip...

Oh, well, nothing worth mentioning, I guess... Not enough time to edit a Favorite Scenes video... the next Wagnervana strip is stuck "under construction"... Already did a funny picture...

Well, I guess I better pull the plug then! Until tomorrow, remember, I guess she don't like the cornbread either...

PS If you haven't checked out Paula's Blog yet, dart over when you get a chance. It's a fun read.

PSS I snuck a movie quote by you yesterday. The post title was from the movie Patton. 2 points for me!

15 comments:

Bobinho said...

"Wasted love! God, I just wish I could get it back" is from St. Elmo's Fire!

i really like the new layout, btw...

keep it up!

Bobinho said...

and "No one who leads so many could possibly kneel so quickly" is from Superman :P

Bobinho said...

and "Details of your incompetence do not interest me" is from The Devil Wears Prada... don't wanna know how you know that one, dave :P

Bobinho said...

"You owe me a scream" is from X-Men...

damn, this is too easy today, dave :(

Bobinho said...

"you're maudlin and full of self pity - you're magnificent" is from All About Eve...

la la la la la...

Bobinho said...

"I guess she don't like the cornbread either" is from Aliens

i give up! :D

David Wagner said...

Man, Bob! You coulda saved some for someone else! If you eat too many movie quotes, it'll give you a tummy ache!

Guess I should institute a 3-quote per day limit or something...

Yeah, I guess actually putting quotes around the quotes made it too easy...

Bobinho said...

you think? :P

Sodi said...

Bob, what country are you in?

Bobinho said...

slovenia, why?

Sodi said...

Just curious

ghannah said...

how do you choose your bible verse of the day? is it random or do you pick them? do you really play sodoku or are you a fake fan?

ghannah said...

title is from the longest day

David Wagner said...

A fake fan?! Why, I never! Harrumph! I'll sudoku you under the table any day of the week, lady!

The Bible verses are random - it's a gadget.

I thought about hiding Bible verses in my blog along with movie quotes... Bob won't find those!

5 points for Grace.

Paula Titus said...

I didn't notice any movie quotes although I wondered why some stuff was in quotes - how lame am I? Now Bible verses - I'd blow you ALL out of the water on that one! :) Maybe. Very cool layout.