Thursday, March 5th, 2009! On this day in history:
- March 5th, 1877: Rutherford B. Hayes was inaugurated as the 19th US President. (That's just cool because he was named "Rutherford" lol, what a tool!)
- March 5, 1907: The first Radio Broadcast of a musical composition aired. (I bet it wasn't a Neil Diamond song...)
- March 5, 1933: FDR proclaims a 10-day bank holiday. (Wonder if our new FDR will do the same soon...)
- March 5, 1945: The US 7th Army Corps captures Cologne. (Must have been a wonderful-smelling cologne!)
- March 5th, 1953: Josef Stalin's death is announced (about 10 years too late, unfortunately...)
- and March 5th, 1994: The largest milkshake ever is created - 1,955 gallons, in Nelspruit, South Africa. (Whoever bought it must have driven a semi through that drive-thru...)
Went into the rug shop today, got things done. I made things happen! BAM! Like that!
Took daughter #2 in with me (no, it wasn't "Bring Your Daughter To Work Day"... sheesh!), and she stuffed envelopes. Hopefully, we'll get a flood of business with the marketing campaign we're doing. Then all will be well in the world! It will! Everyone will get along! The economy will right itself! Dogs and cats will hang out together! My feet won't stink! Etc! In fact, a second etc. too!
I tried something new tonight... I made a comic! Here it is!
Click it to make it larger (and therefore, easier to read!) I may do more, who knows? I'm pretty much winging it with not only this blog, but with life in general as well. Too bad I don't live in a city called General... then I could talk about Life In General, and think I was being clever!
I'm having technical problems with todays Favorite Scene. I will put this text as placeholder art for now, but when I finally get it ready, I'll re-edit this and replace it with todays scene, which is from Raiders of the Lost Ark. If you're reading this text, check back again for the clip, dangit! You know you want to!
EDIT: Hey, here's that scene I was braggin' about...
Read some more of Bakker's book last night - I'm glad I stuck it out, it's working well. But alas, I couldn't stay up past 1:30 am... I zonked out. I may zonk out early again tonight as well...
Nothing else comes to mind, as far as stuff to whine about. I suppose that's my signal to sign off for the night.
Until tomorrow, remember, he who laughs last was the last one to get it.