Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish I may, Irish I might, have the rish Irish tonight...



'Sacrifice'
or 'sack of rice', which one?

I've officially reached my limit. Too many late nights in a row has caught up to me. That's why I'm posting early tonight - I'm about to fall over and it's barely 9 pm.

Here are some things I got done today - finished editing the Piranha transcript, now I'm formatting it. Finished importing the video for the rug shop tour clip, and was going to finish the rough cut tonight - doubtful at this point.

Hey, I did spend about a half-hour on the phone with Apple Customer Support, trying to obtain a copy of iMovie 06 for my MacBook Pro notebook computer (I was complaining about it a day or three ago, remember?). Long story short, they were very helpful (as I'd hoped) and ultimately, they decided to send me a copy of 06 on disc, in the mail, free of cost. I thought it would be a long-shot, but Apple showed me (yet again) that they have top notch customer service. Should get it in the mail in a week or so.

Ah, 'tis the little things that make me happy.

Worked out the text for my next Wagnervana comic. Hope you find it amusing when I post it (tomorrow or so). I'll try to get a new one up maybe three times a week. When I get my official Wagnervana.com website going, the web comic will be featured there. I have plenty of ideas for future strips/storylines.

Ah, yes... Happy St. Patrick's Day! St Patrick was born in 385 AD and died in 461 AD (you do the math - I'm too tired!). He's buried in Downpatrick.

Did you know that the official color of St. Patricks Day was blue, not green? It changed to green sometime in the early 18th century.

The first St Patty's Day parade took place in Boston in 1761.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I usually wear a green speedo on my head (and nothing else) and run around the neighborhood singing "When Irish Thighs Are Smiling" until I'm arrested. Hey, it's a tradition! By the way, I'm writing this from the jail... can you come post bail for me?


On This Dayve In History...
------------------------------------
- The great Bobby Jones was born March 17, 1902. (In his honor, I will go eat a "Grand Slam" breakfast at Denny's this week...) Also born today were Nat King Cole ('19), Danny DeVito ('44), Kurt Russell ('51) and Rob Lowe ('64).

- March 17, 1845: the rubber band is patented in London. (Later that afternoon, the first paperclip was shot at a co-worker)

Here's a quick funny panel from White Ninja...



OK, maybe it's not that funny to you, sorry. Sheesh! You people have such a refined sense of humor! No wonder you don't laugh at my fart jokes...

I guess that will be it for today's hodge-podge. Until tomorrow, frailty, thy name is woman!

No comments: