Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fearless Freep? That's My Boy!!!



Saturday has come and gone, which is normally a kicked-back experience. Actually got some work done today, which is not normal for me on a Saturday. But Lisa had some things for me to do, and I was happy to do them for her (she has helped me out a lot lately, for which I am grateful).

On This Dayve In History:
- Aristotle died March 7th, 322 BC.

Aristotle Quotes:
"A true friend is one soul in two bodies." 
"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." 
"Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them." 
"He who hath many friends hath none." 
"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."

Seems to have had his head on pretty straight, that Aristotle fellow... Also on this dayve in history:

- March 7, 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patents the telephone. (And ordering pizza was never the same!)

and

- March 7, 1933, the game of Monopoly was invented. (and 3 hours later, someone's older brother won, and two younger brothers wept, for the first time...)

I made another comic for y'all tonight. It's more of a "Retrospective" than a traditional "ha-ha" comic. Of course, that's what I call a comic that doesn't build to something funny in the final panel. Think of it more as a Dave History Lesson!



Not sure where I'll take the comics. Vye suggested I do small comics to help illustrate points I make in my blog, which could be fun. I might also create a couple characters and start a legitimate web-comic, with a storyline and attempts at humor. Or I could do stand-alone ones like this. Any ideas are welcome!

I'm working on a more elaborate Favorite Scene for you, but it's not ready yet, so I'll post it tomorrow. I don't really get much feedback on the videos I do, so I don't know how they're being received by y'all. I assume it's all good. It's just another fun outlet for me, so I'll keep letting things evolve here until I get bored or until you all complain so much that I finally give it up! No complaints so far, but you never know...

Didn't get any reading done last night, but I think I'll read some tonight. Marla is in Mexico until Sunday afternoon. Keep her in mind, eh! And the rest of those that went with her. They're down there for our "sister church's" anniversary celebration (5th? 6th? I don't know...), so they're on God's business! I call missionary work "Immanuel Labor," which always amuses me.

Anyway, I'm gonna sign off for now. Until tomorrow, do not pass wind, do not collect 200 dollars...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dimples...love the comics...do more

Anonymous said...

7th anniversary and it was a great dayve! :D