Monday, April 9, 2012

"What Is Originality? Undetected Plagiarism." -- Dean Inge


Well, whadaya know! A new week begins! I know it's a new week because it's still wrapped up in bubble-wrap and the tags are still on it. And it has that "new week" smell... ahhhh!

Actually, by the time you read this, it will be Tuesday and thus the week won't be new anymore... therefore I will be perceived to be a blathering idiot. And, for the most part, that will be an apt description. Here, watch me blather...

[Dave blathers for a little while]

See? Well, at least the word "idiot" will lead us into today's letter-theme. I am nothing if not an efficient maker of segues...

Another light day in the content department... no movies, actors, performances, or people I'd like to meet. No games, comics, books, authors, or characters (book, TV or movie)...

If it wasn't for music, I'd have nothing, and I'd be forced to put on a ridiculous Easter-themed costume and do an interpretive dance...

Favorite Bands/Singers (I):


The Irish Tenors: O... M... G... have I really been reduced to posting a picture of the Irish Tenors? LEADING with them, no less?! Seriously? Wow, how the mighty have fallen... well, I had a great string of blog posts going there... couldn't last forever, I guess...

Anyway, believe it or not, I do really like these guys. Granted, I have to be in the right mood to listen to them (otherwise I could rage and destroy my radio)... but when the mood is right, their music is awesome. Powerful, enjoyable, soothing, pleasant. In other words, exactly the opposite of System of a Down (who I also like in moderation, when the mood is right... but they aren't a "favorite"). I can even tell you what distinguishes each of the four Irish Tenors from one another. Ronan Tynan sings with the most emotion. Anthony Kearns has the best voice. Finbar Wright sings with the most power. John McDermott sounds most like a traditional Irish folksinger. There, now you can't tell me I'm not a fan...

Here's She Moved Through the Fair by Anthony Kearns... I hope you're in the right mood for this... otherwise you may put your fist through your monitor before you realize what you're doing...



Yeah, I know. Still, I really like it. I'd call it "haunting" and "beautiful", but that might so annoy you that you'd undertake a journey to track me down and punch me in the face...

Why do I feel like I have to apologize so much for liking them? Sheesh!

Favorite Songs (I):



Charlie Peacock is a strange bird (pardon the pun), but he made some great music back in the day. I'm half tempted to post the lyrics to this song (Insult Like the Truth), since they're actually very cool. Or excessively pretentious. Honestly, in this case, I can't tell the difference.

[Honorable Mentions: I Don't Know, by Third Day
In Wonder, by the Newsboys]

And that's it. It feels odd to end with no "odds and ends" (see what I did there? Ooh, I'm so clever!)

I guess you'll just have to keep scrolling down and read the Book Review of The Blade Itself I posted right before writing this post... and if you haven't seen the Lazarus short movie yet, you can scroll down to the "H Day" post, or go here...

Taking a look at my lists, it appears "J Day" and "K Day" will be fairly light on content as well... but L Day will make up for that... Farewell until Wednesday...

Dave the Indecisive, Indistinct and Indisposed

4 comments:

logankstewart said...

The guy can sing, I'll give him that. Every Saturday morning on my local NPR station there's an hour of Irish music played on a program called "The Thistle & Shamrock." It's great, hearing a vast range of different Irish & Celtic styled musics. Fun stuff to listen to, though I wouldn't necessarily call your video "fun."

David Wagner said...

Glad your respect for me didn't evaporate upon seeing the Irish Tenors on here... though I'm sure it did get rocked somewhat... I'll redeem myself soon... soon...

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

Checking out you blog from A to Z. You left a comment on mine (thank you) but the movie was not working (it is now) and I just had a short post. After reading your "I" I feel as though I took the short cut or "Cliff" notes as it were. You have amazing writing skills. Thanks for the blathering and the Laugh! Irish tenors huh?! :)
Bj

Philip V Ariel said...

HI David,
Thanks for dropping in
and for the encouraging
comment at my 'India'
Post or "I".
Nice to be here too,
lovely place to roam around.
Well presented.
Keep Writing.
Keep inform.
Best. Phil