Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry and Tragical? Tedious and Brief? That is Hot Ice and Wondrous Strange Snow...



I have to admit, I felt a little guilty skipping a day of blogging... like I was cheating or something...

Had the LAN party yesterday (Jan 1). I got there about 11 am or so, and packed up to leave at about 2:30 in the morning. In between was a lot of Left 4 Dead and a couple games of Warcraft 3, and some great food. And, you'll be proud of me, I stuck to my resolution of no soda or energy drinks in 2010. I did bring a coffee with me in the morning, but it was just water after that. I'm so healthy now! No wonder you respect me so highly!

We didn't get any UT3 in, which was fine. It was actually very fun playing Left 4 Dead with everyone, especially in the "survivors vs zombies" mode, where half of us were on each side. There was lots of shrieking and screaming and laughing going on, which is always a good thing. Well, not always... I guess in a library, shrieking and screaming and laughing wouldn't be good... but you know what I mean...



Here we are, goin' at it. Look how small I am! You can't even see me! Yes, it's true, Yanni wasn't wearing a shirt. Every chance he gets, he has his shirt off. I don't get it. But it does make an interesting character trait, which I took advantage of with his character in my fantasy novel, who also is usually in various stages of undress, for reasons that would constitute spoilers for me to elaborate upon...

In fact, everyone in that picture has a part of some size or another in my novel, including Vye, the main quest hero, who isn't really glaring at the camera in anger there, he's just being a bit goofy (I taught him that!).



I call this shot "Laythe Almost Blinking"... I would have photoshopped open eyes on him, but I'd probably also add a mustache and a unibrow, and he would not have been pleased.



I call this shot "Keno Needs a Better Mouse"... don't get me wrong, he can work it with that mouse, I just think he'd be much more of a beast with a good mouse. Keno is really good at everything he plays.



I call this shot "Shannon Doesn't Want To Be Seen Here." She was the only female in a group of burping, farting, laughing, whining, ridiculing dudes... and her system could only play Warcraft 3, so she couldn't even join us in some good old fashioned patriotic American zombie slaying... but she seemed to have a good time. She's a trooper.



Vye can text on his iPhone and beat everyone at WC3 at the same time... this is photographic proof.



Here's Jayson, showing us what he's eating... yummay! Actually, the food was really good. Thanks Bernadette!

Sorry, no pics of me, I was the one behind the camera. I know, you're all heartbroken, I understand. Seeing my smiling, crooked-toothed grin warms your heart and makes your day, I get it. But, hey, Jayson also took a lot of pictures, so maybe he'll kick me a couple so I can prove to you that I was there.

In other news...

How did my New Year's Eve date night go with wifey?

Don't ask...

And in still other news...

There is no other news. I'm out. I hope your year is off to a good start. Who knows what the year will hold, eh?

5 comments:

Abbie said...

haha, go Shannon! kicking the boys' butts, I like that lol :)

Sodi said...

Hey Hey Dave Yanni couldn't play left 4 dead either so we just played each other most the time. It was fun!

p.s. I like hanging out with guys better so I don't mind being the only girl, you guys are chill. The lan was very fun. I just wish everyone would practice warcraft 3 so that we can actually have a chance against Vye (including myself). I think the key is being able to teleport .

Sodi said...

Oh , and I only didn't want my pic because you said it was going to be a close up! lol

Unknown said...

Kinda like find waldo...

Who can find Dave's ASCII Butt?

Paula Titus said...

I am coveting Vye's hair.