Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Have Dreamed a Dream, but Now That Dream is Gone from Me....



So, let's get the obvious stuff out of the way... Is the weekend half over or half remaining? The eternal tug of war betwixt optimism and pessimism continues!

I can't wait to start writing my novel. I'm champing at the bit! BUT... I got a phone call from Lloyd today, scolding me about the camp slideshow (or rather, the lack thereof), so I suppose I need to attend to that. Plus, Cathy scolded me about the Christmas Script (or rather, the lack thereof), so I suppose I'll have to attend to that as well. Plus, wifey scolded me about taking a shower (or rather, the lack thereof), so that is yet another thing I need to attend to...

Ah, well, at least when I get those things out of the way, I can dive in! I might give my character a castle... As badly as I'd like a castle in real life, I'll have to settle for fictional ones. Check out Mont St. Michel castle on the Normandy Coast...



Awesome. I want one! Think of it! My own island fortress! How cool would that be? A big castle complex with secret passages and secret rooms and everything, w00t. It would probably cost a fortune to keep warm in winter though... HERE is an article with the World's 10 Coolest Castles... and while I'm at it, HERE is an article with some cool stuff people have found on Google Earth...

Random Observation #328: By letting enough time pass between viewings, it can be possible to convince oneself that the Matrix sequels were not that bad after all. But once they are watched again, it is once again re-established that they do, in fact, suck. The only good part of Reloaded was that cool waterfall wall urinal in the men's room of the Merovingian club. That's it. The rest is lame.

October 25! My Sweet Maggie's 4th birthday! Yay! My sweet sweetie is the sweetest sweetie I know! Why, I suppose I'll have to post some Sweet Maggie pics!

 
 You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you...


 
This is my world! My world!


 
 That's the closest I can get to you, you better grow some wings...


 
Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something...

Aw, yeah. That's my sweetie. And while I'm at it, here's a video clip...



Also born on October 25 are: Pablo Picasso (1881), Billy Barty (1924), and Pedro Martinez (1971).

Sunday Church Day... should be a full day. Well, it's nice to have something to look forward to. Going to morning service, then to eat lunch with my mommy between services, then the Pastor Appreciation celebration at the evening service. Ah, I love a good party! Actually, I don't, but it sounded good. I still have a week to figure out what I'll be dressing up as for Maggie's party on the 31st. Suggestions accepted. Choice, the problem is choice...

Funny T-Shirt Time...



I would so buy my brother John that shirt...

I'm done. Short post tonight, sorry. We are all here to do what we are all here to do... Until tomorrow, then, remember, there's nowhere I can't go. There's nowhere I won't find you...

PS Man, this new Blogger editor is glitchy... it's driving me bananas....
PPS Sorry for the easy theme. My brain ain't firing on all cylinders right now... I need sleep...

14 comments:

Bob said...

Title is from The Matrix...

Bob said...

"Choice, the problem is choice" is from Matrix Reloaded...

Bob said...

"We are all here to do what we are all here to do" also from Matrix Reloaded...

Krista said...

"You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you..." --Matrix Reloaded

"That's the closest I can get to you, you better grow some wings..."-- Matrix Reloaded

"Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something..." The Matrix

And the theme is The Matrix's movies! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Next show tomorrow night! ;)

---------------

Your little one is very very cute! Happy Birthday to her :)

That castle is pretty cool. I want one!

Good luck with the many projects you have going....Sounds fun!

All the best, Dave!

havah said...

Gorgeous photo. Very atmospheric.

I always thought a castle would be cool to live in (pun intended??), but I'd have to have maid-service. Also, I'm not partial to things that creak in the night. :0

Happy birthday, Maggie! She's so cute, Dave, and...according to the video clip...following in Dad's footsteps. :D

Now, let me off to FB...

David Wagner said...

10 points for Bob! (You got the first one wrong!)

10 points for Krista! (You got the first one wrong! and 10 points for the theme!

Havah, the keys to the castle are yours!

Krista said...

"You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you..." --Matrix


Whoops!

Bob said...

Whoops! Then it has to be from Reloaded :D

David Wagner said...

5 more points each! You know, there are some Revolutions quotes in there too! Sheesh!

Bob said...

speedround!!

"This is my world! My world!" is from Revolutions (i think :D)

Bob said...

"there's nowhere I can't go. There's nowhere I won't find you" = REvolutions

David Wagner said...

Dang... you weren't kidding... even searching the My World quote along with IMDB still didn't yield Revolutions... sorry about that one...

10 Speed Round points!

Abbie said...

dave! that castle is amazing. I want to go explore one so badly! thats why I like to play Nancy Drew computer games, because she usually has a lot of mysteries in castles :D So cool lol!!
Maggs is so cute, I love her :) do we really have to dress up on saturday? :(

David Wagner said...

You don't have to dress up, but it will be fun. It's optional, but encouraged...