Wednesday, August 29, 2012

All Over the Place, Accomplishing Nothing...


"Now entering: Fall..."

Are you proud of me? I fixed the upstairs crapper at my house... yep, replaced all of the innards in the tank, replaced it all! Took me about 3 hours, lol... hey, I'm not a handyman, what can I say? I agonized over the simple step-by-step instructions, reading, re-reading, over and over, each step thoroughly contemplated before summoning the strength to continue... in my mind, the whole time, it was all about to explode in a shower of plastic and metal, spraying a geyser of water everywhere... I'm good at figuring some stuff out... but, man, replacing the guts of a toilet... what a workout...

But it was a success - and I didn't cause any floods or irreparable damage. So, yeah, one step closer to actually growing up. I can check that off my bucket list now, lol...


So I've been watching a weird array of titles on Netflix lately... A Nat'l Geo doc on King Herod's Lost Tomb (spoiler: they found it), a mini-doc on South Park (and how they create each episode in only 6 days, concept to air time), an old doc on the Nuremberg Trials (cool, old archival footage), an ESPN documentary on all the cool, huge sports-related things that happened on June 17, 1994 (including the OJ Simpson low-speed police chase)... and I also watched Downfall (about Hitler's last days as the war was ending), and Roxanne (Steve Martin/Daryl Hannah).

I'm a sucker for a good documentary.

Hey, check this out, this is great...



These guys give their kids a little scene to improvise, and they record the audio, and then act it out while lipsynching the dialog... lol, I've watched most of the vids they've uploaded. They're hilarious (to me). Normally, I'd just let you hunt down more on your own if you like them, but I can't resist posting another one...



For some reason, I find these videos endlessly entertaining.

OK, so some company is making giant cast-cement Lego pieces, to build stuff with... check it out...


I wonder if those are viable as building materials at all, or if they're just novelty items? Not sure I'd feel safe in a Lego house... I think, if memory serves, I posted a story once about someone building a life-sized house out of about a jillion little Lego blocks... lemme see if I can track down the link, brb...

OK, here's the link to the video on YouTube, if you want to take a peek...

By the way, the people that gave Raven's Shadow by Anthony Ryan so much love on Amazon have it right so far. I'm about 15% in so far, and it's a good read - it has it's share of fantasy tropes, but it reads easily and well, and it is quick of pace. Here is the review of it on Fantasy Book Critic, if you'd like to learn a bit more. I'm looking forward to getting in deeper. Another solid new author. Kindle Roulette pays off again! Wish it would pay off more often...

I wish I had more of substance to say today, but hey, at the moment life is, well, if not boring, then at least "uneventful". Still, I don't want to let the blog stagnate for lack of substantive content. Hey, those Bored Shorts videos make the post worthwhile, if anything, eh?

In fact, here's another great one...



OK, fine, I'll stop.

So the week is half-over. Hopefully something fun and/or exciting will happen between now and the next post. Otherwise I'll have to bust out some fiction... or, Heaven forbid, some poetry...

Adios for now.

Dave the Calm

2 comments:

Abbie Josephsen said...

those videos are awesome :D thanks for sharing them!!!

David Wagner said...

No prob, Abs. All the videos of theirs that I've seen are great. Very creative.