Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Drive-By Blast of Hot Air


A decidedly blase Summer is ending... No complaints here. It was pleasant, taken for what it was. I'm ready for Fall, methinks. Cooler weather, Halloween, Red Country (by J. Abercrombie), Legion (by Brandon Sanderson), Torchlight 2, Speilberg's movie Lincoln (starring Daniel Day Lewis), The Hobbit movie, the opening of the new Target by my house... there's quite a bit for me to look forward to before the holidays... so I'm good.

I've been kind of quiet on the book-reading front of late... I've started and abandoned several titles over the past month. What can I say? I'm not the kind of reader the normally feels obligated to finish something regardless of how good it is. If it doesn't sufficiently hook me, and I push a bit farther, to no avail, then why keep torturing myself? At the moment, I'm dangerously close to abandoning The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham. I think I'm, like 15% through it at the moment, and it's just Dullsville. I'll give it one last shot tonight, and then I'll chuck it and grab something else.

I'll probably start Raven's Shadow by an author named Anthony Ryan, to see what the scoop is with it. I mean, it has 317 ratings on Amazon (at the moment), which in and of itself is remarkable, but to also have a 5 star average? Come on... something's fishy. It's either a fantastic book, or the rating system was somehow played by some friends of his or some such. Hey, for $3, it's worth the risk.

And now, Real Actors Reading Yelp Reviews...



I have sat here for the past several minutes, staring at the blinking cursor, nothing coming to mind to write. I believe I shall take that as a sign to call this post quits. Lemme post a couple random funny pics, in an cheap effort to make your visit here seem more worthwhile, and then sneak out the back door...

I work at a family business. Thankfully, it's not this bad...


What if her hands are grabbing my wallet?


Now THAT is funny...

I should have shown this to Eldest while she was planning her wedding..

OK, that's enough nonsense for now. Sorry about the weak post. Have a good week.

Dave the Uneventful

2 comments:

Rory L. Aronsky said...

I'm not the kind of reader the normally feels obligated to finish something regardless of how good it is. If it doesn't sufficiently hook me, and I push a bit farther, to no avail, then why keep torturing myself?

That's my reading life exactly.

Anonymous said...

Question: What would the pop-up look like if one had a phobia of pop-up books? :)

I would LOVE to see this book!