Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little Bit Crazy is OK By Me...


What an amazing photo...

Hello to those taking a moment out of your busy Summer schedules to pop in and see what's up. If I told you "not much," would you be too disappointed?

Sorry. Eldest Daughter and her new hubby are settled into their new place, and Wifey and the Remaining Wagnerettes are house sitting for a few days, so I get the big, quiet place to myself for a few days. Then they're off again to NM, so I get the big, quiet place even longer. So it's peaceful and very pleasant at the moment. I'm half tempted to turn the TV to Real Housewives of Podunk in the other room, with the volume too loud, just so I can close the office door and feel normal...

So, what to do with my time now, eh?

I could cut a million match-heads off and make a massive matchbomb...



But that's more Yanni's bag than mine.

I could work on my beard...



I dunno.... I prefer facial hair and all... but I'm not overly attached to it like some are... even though it is, like, attached to my face and everything... beards are more Pat Rothfuss' bag than mine anyway....

I could work on my guitar playing, I suppose...



I'll never be as good as Noah, and he's still a teenager. Dang, that guy can sing (and play). He and Logan should form a duo... they'd own the world in no time... by the way, Blackbird is one of my Sweet Mother's favorite songs (Hi Mom!)...

I could play engineer with Legos, I guess...


I cannot even begin to imagine the size of the instruction manual in THAT Lego kit... but that's more my brother John's bag than mine. He used to LOVE Legos, and he's also joining the Navy... although I believe that's a model of a Japanese battleship circa WW2... still...

I could work out! Throw some weights around like a meathead, I suppose... I have been doing pushups like a madman lately... and I have some 20lb weights laying here, mocking me... but I've found that when I push myself and tense up, it makes my neck hurt, which triggers a headache... I know, "no pain, no gain"... but that's not a good kind of pain. I should see my chiropractor and get it checked....

Still, that's more my friend Orion's bag than mine....

But I saw a recent picture of The Rock, who is bulking up for a movie role he's about to play, and my jaw hit the floor...


He's always been in great shape, but, man, that is amazing. I wonder if that's just hard work and the right supplements, or if he's getting a little anabolic help (if you smell what I'm cooking). Either way, it's inspiring. He just turned 40 this past May, so we're close in age. I wouldn't want to get that big, but I'd like to improve somewhat. Or at least get rid of my pudge again...

I'll probably end up doing what I normally do. Play a little, write a little, work a little, float around the web a little, work out a little, read a little, sleep a little, rinse, repeat, etc.

Hey, what do you guys think of this Michael Landon quote...

"Somebody ought to tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit every minute of every day."

On the one hand, I find it inspiring (probably because of the whole midlife thing I've been wrestling with for a couple years now). But on the other hand, do you think it squares with the Scripture at all? Or could it be modified and applied in a Scriptural way? Do you agree with that outlook or disagree?

I think once the Wagner Women return from their world tour, we're going to look for a different, smaller house or condo to move into. I can't justify the rent anymore, especially since Eldest has moved out. We'll stay local (in San Diego, I mean), I'm sure... but it would sure be nice to shave my rent down substantially each month. We'll see...

OK, one more blast of goofiness and then I'm done... here's a funny comic for you...


Yes, it's absurd... but being absurd is definitely my bag...

Adios for now.

Dave the Bagman

5 comments:

Sally said...

Have a great time while your family is away. Great photo. I bet you secretly miss them after a while.

Anonymous said...

And you thought you'd never see me again:)

Rory L. Aronsky said...

New Mexico! I can't wait to get there in the years to come. Where are they going there?

David Wagner said...

Sally: I'll miss them, but I'll sure enjoy the solo time as well...

Ann: Havah? Is that you? O_o

Rory: Wifey is from Albuquerque... we lived there for a year or so right after we were married (1991ish). I liked it, but I like San Diego bettuh...

Anonymous said...

Ann = Havah. You're so smart. :D