Sunday, June 3, 2012

Drifting Through Another Week...


Now THAT... is a huge piece of driftwood...

Yes, I realize you likely haven't even read the huge piece of literary driftwood that I posted on Friday, and here I am, with another post, a mere two days later! For those that waded through the previous post, you have my appreciation. For those that started, and then scrolled down in horror to see how much text there was and decided to look at the pictures and browse away... I don't blame you. You have far more common sense than I.

Though I do have one aftershock (if you will), in reference to the last post, and all of the writing samples I posted. Here's one from friend and fellow blogger Logan, from a fiction piece he's been working on the past few weeks. Check this line out...

Midnight brings with it mischief and magic and all manner of marvels unseen when the majestic sun is a memory and the moon is but a sliver of silver against the night sky.

How cool is that? Check out his blog to see the series...

Lots of stuff going on this week - stuff that will be of little interest to you, I fear, but stuff nonetheless. My brother John is away for the week, so I'll be filling in for him on the truck, lugging rugs around. No biggie; I'm good at it, and it's only for a week. Plus, I got a ton of Piranha work to get to, which means a healthy paycheck at the end of it. And finally, Eldest Daughter gets married to Future Son-In-Law this Friday afternoon. Also sometime this week, I'll attempt to go to the theater with a friend from church to see The Avengers and Prometheus - a double feature! I haven't seen more than one movie in the theater, back to back, since I was in high school, about a century and a half ago.

So, yeah, lots of stuff to do this week.

And now, Shoenice...



Found this guy on YouTube this weekend, and spent a while watching him eat/drink an incredible variety of things a person simply should not (be able to) eat/drink. I mean, a bottle of hand lotion, a roll of toilet paper (including the tube), a box of crayons, a big bottle of Elmer's Glue, a cup of kitty litter... and that's just the tip of the iceberg. On his birthday, he ate a cake with 43 lit candles on it. I'm not sure what is stranger... the fact that he does all this stuff, or the fact that (apparently) jillions of people like me watch it, open-mouthed and speechless.

So I really didn't have much to say today - just wanted to hop in and drop a short post to counter-balance the previous post. One more funny picture and I'm out...


Hope your week is a good one.

Dave the Gollywomper

3 comments:

logankstewart said...

Hey! I like this Logan guys blog. Looks pretty legit. Thanks for linking to the story! Like, totally rad, man.

Eating all that stuff is madness. How? Why? Yuck.

Anonymous said...

Whew. Thanks, I'm now counter-balanced. :)

David Wagner said...

Logan: Yuck, true... but also inspiring! I'm going to print out every post in your blog archive and eat the pages!

Beth: Glad I could help.