Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Dave In Paradise...


I know, a bit creepy. Still, I love the lines and shadows. I find old abandoned places intriguing... so many stories lingering in the shadows. There's a cool site called Opacity that features tons of photo galleries from intrepid folks who explore old, abandoned facilities.

So, as I write this, a week is ending... and as you read this, a new week begins. So who's right, me or you? Well, both, I suppose. In fact, someone else could be reading this weeks, months, years from now, who knows... I suppose that person is right as well.

So I know you likely won't have the time or patience to watch this whole clip, but watch a few minutes of it in any case... it's an hour-plus long compilation of amusing pranks pulled by a show called Just For Laughs.



Good, harmless fun. Of course, I watched the whole thing. I apparently have that kind of time to burn...

So church camp begins Monday, but I'm not going this year. Yep, I'm taking the year off. No camp video to make for me this year! Woohoo! Of course, as a trade-off, I also have to give up the good stuff... namely, paintball. I trust it shall be a worthwhile, productive event for all that are attending. But honestly, it will be nice to not have to worry about editing the video this year.


Hopefully, we'll get a summer film project going instead. I've got a ton of ideas for short films, and so I hope Todd will be able to free up some time to dig our teeth in another project. I know his sons are raring to go. I'm hoping we can kick it up a notch or two from our Easter effort.

So I'm about half-way through a book called Among Thieves by author Douglas Hulick. It's about criminal underbelly-type intrigues. Not bad. Almost lost me at a part where the main character makes an inexplicable vow to his friend, for reasons that would take too long to elaborate upon, but I pushed through it and it's holding together pretty well. Not bad for a debut book. Maybe I'll review it when I'm done... then again, maybe not. You know how flighty I am... I just checked Hulick's website... his first endorsement is from Brent Weeks... not a good sign, lol...


That is quite cool. That reminds me... I need to watch Inception again soon...

So, I'm starting to think that the 'Sunday afternoon nap' just might be one of God's greatest creations. O how I love my Sunday afternoon nap. I should craft a poem about it... Ode To My Sunday Afternoon Nap. But writing a poem about it would likely make me sleepy.

I think I'm going to pull the plug on this post (pardon the alliteration). It's Sunday night as I write this, near midnight. Summer's here. Last summer was amazing. I doubt this summer will be a repeat of last, but hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Adios for now,

Dave the Blase

4 comments:

Sally said...

Great video - although I really should be doing other things. Thank you for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

Candid Camera stuff is hilarious!

When I was a teen, I had to write about doing something for the first time for a college English class. So, I broke in to an abandoned, old forgotten farmhouse and found some crazy stuff left behind (um, pre-Christian years and my kids don't read your blog :) Some old guy in the area came around with a gun and we ran like blazes. I can still remember the wrought iron cot-like bed with a nasty mattress, an old suitcase, hangers on the floor, and there were cups and saucers arranged in a half-circle. Weird. Anyway, I agree, intriguing.

Beth

Abbie Josephsen said...

The picture within the picture idea is really cool! Good post :) We'll miss the camp video though!!!

David Wagner said...

Sally: No prob, glad you enjoyed the clip.

Beth: Cool story, I'd like to hear the full version!

Abbie: Just watch last year or the year before... basically the same...

Have a good week, y'all!