Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We Are Errant Knaves, All: Believe None of Us


Yes! Another waterfall picture! Oh, come on... you love them as much as I do, admit it! Admit it!!! Now, now, don't be afraid... there there, we're friends, right? I mean, we've known each other for so long, you can trust me... now, just admit that you love waterfall pictures, and we can move on... ok? Friend-O?

.....

Ha! I knew it! BUAHAHAHA!!! I laugh in your face! What a tool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Yeah, I know... hardly original. Sorry, that's one of the pitfalls of free-association blogging. When I'm making things up off the top of my pointy little head, sometimes the material is weak. Did I say "sometimes"? I meant every time, from the dawn of time. Did I say "weak"? I meant nauseatingly pathetic.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Ah, yes, you came here today, hoping that I would post the weirdest video you've seen all year thus far... right? Well, I aims to please... WARNING: If, like a certain woman I happen to be married to, you have a zero tolerance policy for absurdity, your head will explode while watching this clip.



Of course, if you had a zero tolerance policy for absurdity, you would not be reading this blog. Spagett!!!!

So I've decided to follow the lead of fellow blogger and world-traveler Rebecca and sign up for the A-to-Z blogging challenge this year. Yeah, I'm a copycat like that. I have a litterbox and everything. Anyway, starting April 1st, I'll be blogging every day, with each day's post having something to do with the next letter in the alphabet... so, follow with me here, class... April 1st will be associated with which letter..?

Yes, Albert?


Nope. You fail.

Yes, Wolverine? Which letter will I be starting with on April first?


Not even close....

OK, follow me here, class... We go through the alphabet, each day a new blog post, somehow associated with the next letter... so, starting on April first, which letter will the post be tied into?

Yes, Cookie Monster?


Oh, good grief, people! The letter A! For crying out loud!!!! You all fail! All of you!

Well, except for you, Fonzie...


OK, so, there's that to look forward to....

Man... this post may well represent the low point in the blog's history.... cotton candy has more substance and nutritional value than tonight's post... I really should just lay down on the ground and let you each take turns kicking me in the head.... then once I'm out cold, you can rifle through my pockets for spare change, random legos and other choice loot...

Last year, I posted a video clip of the greatest action scene evar! Well, there's a new Bollywood clip making the rounds that is so ridiculous, it will fit in perfectly with tonight's post. You must watch this...



LOL, love the sound effects.  And those jingle belts... the ultimate weapons!  Too bad it wasn't filmed in 3D...

Speaking of warriors, I am, at present, 59% through my latest re-read of The Heroes, by Joe Abercrombie. I am enjoying it even more than I did when I first read it last year. Soooo good. And, Logan, I disagree with you about Bremer dan Gorst. I think Bremer is a fascinating, rich, awesome character. My favorite, in a book full of great characters. I already reviewed the book last year... I'm fighting the urge to review it again. Not that my review would be much different or any more/less enthusiastic... I just am enjoying it again so much, it feels like a shame to let it go unelaborated-upon, untouted.

Well, I suppose that's that for tonight. Time for me to mosey on down the road...


Adios for now.

Dave the Turtle

8 comments:

logankstewart said...

Yeah, well, I disagree with your decision to disagree with me. I can still hear Bremer's whining and pining. Grow up, you baby! That's what I wanted to tell him. Of course, if I did, he'd probably run me through in a heartbeat...

Sure am ready for A Red Country, though.

Anonymous said...

My first thought after reading the pose was that I should reserve "Heroes," but, my rational side retorted, "Try finishing the the umpteen books you already have." Looks like another argument is brewing.....

I love waterfalls.

Rational side is interrupting, excuse me...She wants to know why I didn't heed your "Warning" sign and to let you know your wife must be brilliant.

Because of the Spagett incident, she persuaded me not watch the fight scene.

Looking forward to A-Z posts. Hmm....A book review on The Alchemist? Anagrams? Arabian Horses?

Ciao.

Beth A. (as opposed to Beth B., as an alphabetical blog kick-off)

David Wagner said...

Logan: I'm going to have to write up an in depth character profile and analysis of Bremer for you, to prove my point... of course, I'll have to re-read the First Law trilogy as well as Best Served Cold as a refresher first... so it may be a while coming...

Beth: The Heroes is a terrific book... in fact, for the first time ever, I may begin a third reading right after finishing this one...

Spagett!!!

Rory L. Aronsky said...

cotton candy has more substance and nutritional value than tonight's post...

It's also delicious and must be what it feels like to eat out Tinker Bell.

My mind gets nasty sometimes.

David Wagner said...

Rory, shame on you! There's ladies present! You are docked two full points for that comment, and you get a time-out....

;P

Rory L. Aronsky said...

You are docked two full points for that comment, and you get a time-out....

With the ladies?

Konstanz Silverbow said...

I’m just dropping by to say hello! I look forward to seeing the alphabet all over your blog in April!

Also, we ask that for the challenge you please remove word verification. Blogger is good about catching spam and we would like to make commenting as easy as possible for all participants.

Konstanz Silverbow
nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
A to Z Co-host
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

Unknown said...

Yay! You're going to blog all month! Can't wait.

"I got a fever,and the only prescription is more cowbell!" Lol, that video was so strange.

Looking forward to your posts next month.