Tuesday, September 11, 2012

'Reckless' or 'Feckless,' You Decide...


Yes, I know. Blah blah blah, same old wandering, empty, repetitive, self-indulgent, uninteresting claptrap... Here's what you do... just scroll back to your favorite blog posts from the archive (cuz I know you have all my posts bookmarked and ranked, right? Right?), copy-and-paste the text into this space, and re-read it, reliving the great moments... cuz Lord knows, I got next to nothing for you tonight.

In fact, here's a link to one of my very favorite blog posts I did, from back in August of 2009... CLICK ME! CLICK ME NOW!!!!

How self-indulgent is that? Recycling one of my older posts! Anyway, yeah, that was a fun one. Wrote that straight off the top of my cone-shaped head. I used to be spontaneous like that, in my youth. I think I need to bust out some fiction again here soon, if only to assure myself that I can still do it.

But not tonight. Tonight, I lack the strength...

But, hey, I did get a cool email this morning. Back in June, a man from a Foursquare Church in Oregon contacted me, asking permission to use one of my scripts in a Christmas Movie he and his group wanted to film for this upcoming Christmas season. He wanted to flesh the script out a bit more and film the thing. It happened to be the same script I re-wrote last Christmas (The Beginning), which we performed as a play last year. Anyway, I gave him my blessing, sent him my revised script in case he wanted some ideas, and then forgot about it (embarrassing, but typical for my scattered brain).

Until today. He wrote me today with a progress report on the film project, and gave me the link to the website they put up for it. Here, check it out... CLICK ME! CLICK ME NOW!!!!

Pretty cool, eh? Looks like they're having a blast. Can't wait to see the finished product.

That.... is a lot of stingrays...

So I finished reading Waylander by David Gemmell. It was good, in that it was solidly-written, and relatively brief, and a stand-alone. It was ungood, in that it was rather shallow, and kind of lazy, as far as the story structure. Convenient characters are created just in time to advance the hero's story, and then disappear. It shouldn't really bug me, but it does. Plus, characters that die, but then aren't really dead... that always annoys me. Reminds me of the TV show LOST. No one stays dead for long. Anyway, I'm glad I read it, but I'm glad it was rather brief.

I've moved right into The Hammer and The Blade, by Paul Kemp. My kind of writer, as far as style. Content is a little bit out of my comfort zone (too much sorcery and occultish nonsense), but it's presented in a stylish, light, amusing and fast-paced way, so I'll definitely continue reading.

As far as what I'm watching, I've been watching Season 2 of Downton Abbey with Wifey. Dangit, I really like that show... I joined Amazon Prime just so I could watch that show (Netflix only has Season One). I've been disappointed in Amazon Prime since signing up. The free two-day shipping only applies to stuff bought/fulfilled through Amazon. The lending library is severely limited: You can only borrow certain titles; you can only borrow one title per month (!) and; you can only borrow/read them on a Kindle (no iPad or Kindle App or reader for computer). Lame! So that leaves the video streaming, which is kinda spotty, quality-wise. Ah, well...



I may vote for Ed Bassmaster for President this year...


So I could either end by saying "Other things in the works, but I don't want to talk about them just yet, so I'll save them for future posts..." but that would be a lie. I'd love for you to think my life is more interesting and eventful than it really is. But it isn't, at least at the moment. So instead I'll just end by saying, "Well, that's all I can think of saying tonight... I hope it was enough," and leave it there.

Or I could say, "Gotta run... there's some Jahova's Witnesses at the door, and I've been saving some water balloons for them..."

Or, "Well, it's time to test out my Do-It-Yourself, At-Home Lobotomy Kit. Seeya."

Seeya.

Dave the Lobotomite

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...farting in NYC on 9/11?? feeling a little moody my dear?..I like the joe abercrombie book..he has a great writing voice...as you do..the play will be done many times, I'm sure...you are my favorite writer...keep smiling..kateb15

Anonymous said...

Downton Abbey is excellent (except Matthew, he has no chin). Apparently, Shirley MacLaine will join the new season - should be excellent.

I tried watching "Auschwitz." The old SS officer they were interviewing made me ill, so I'll have to finish it another time. The effects of brainwashing from one's youth on up, and he's still adamant about his stance, are horrifying.......

Beth A.

Abbie Josephsen said...

Wow, their production is a big deal! I like the website :) should be very neat to see it in video!!