Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Typical Smattering of Nonsense


So, let's hear it... how was your Valentine's Day? Was it full of love and other unpredictable stuff? Mine was! Took Wifey to dinner, bought her some shoes, etc., and basically spent quality time with her. Lucky me, eh?

Pretty mellow week thus far. They released the first full 3-minute trailer for that documentary I'm going to cameo in.



I'm not in the trailer at all, but I certainly didn't expect to be. I'm not an eater, I'm a curiosity, a product of serendipity. But, hey, if I can get some screen time out of it, good for me! Looks like the film is well-made, so that's a plus. It's still in post-production at the moment. They have a Kickstarter project going, to help defray some of the costs of post-production. I chipped in some dough - why not? For donating, I'll get a free copy of the movie on DVD after it comes out. Now I don't have to buy it!

I'll let you know more info, as I find out.

And now, check out this library...


Ladder-accessible, built into a tower over the office-proper. How cool is that? The Link. Of course, one good earthquake and it's "look out below!" Buried alive by books... I don't know if that's sad, or hopelessly romantic...

And now, for my brother John, here is today's Nic Cage video...


Meet The Man Inside The Nicolas Cage Costume

I always suspected Nic Cage was not human!

On the rest of the entertainment front, I'm about 70% through Second Sight by Greg Hamerton, and it is terrific. I'm almost done playing Portal 2, which is also terrific. And I watched the newest Star Trek flick (JJ Abrams 2009) and while it wasn't quite terrific, it was far better than I thought it would be. I was seriously annoyed by the fake Russian accent that the actor that played the new Chekov foisted upon us. Nothing grates on me like a bad accent. I posted such on my Facebook, and several people said that the actor was Russian, like that made it better or something. Turns out yes, the actor's parents are both Russian, but they came here when the guy was 6 months old! He normally speaks with a purely-American accent - not even a hint of Russian. So, yeah, having Russian parents mean nothing in this case. They were probably disappointed in him!

OK, fine, I'm sure they still loved him.


An armed Abe Lincoln riding a big bear! Your argument is invalid!

That reminds me, there's a new movie coming out called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You can watch the trailer here. Not sure what to think about it. On the one hand, it's fun/funny. On the other hand, gimme a break, you know? But it is produced by Tim Burton, so it might be worth seeing... even if it is in 3-D.

Well, my theological ramblings have been getting the most response lately... but I don't have one burning at the moment, sorry. I don't want to force an issue just for the sake of doing so. You'll just have to start one yourself in the comments section! Or if you're craving a good theological discussion, you could check HERE or HERE or HERE...

Well, gonna hit the road. I'll have more nonsense for you soon.

Adios,

Dave the Nonsensical

5 comments:

logankstewart said...

That bookshelf is awesome! Unpractical, yes, but awesome.

Nic Cage was on SNL over the weekend, and Andy Sandberg impersonated him, too. Pretty funny skit, actually. Made fun of all the reasons why people make fun of him. No matter, I still love the guy.

For some reason I can see that Lincoln picture as a modded image in Skyrim...

Hey, one of those links is to my last post!

PostCalvinist said...

I didn't even know I was linked and I STILL came to read! THAT is friendship.

I don't have much to add since I know next to nothing about fiction or Abe Lincoln, but it's always a good read!

Michelle said...

The library....that's the stuff that dreams are made of...

Dee Yoder said...

Your FB link made me come here...and I'm glad I did. I would love that overhead library, but would have to hire someone to keep climbing the ladder for me. (:

Anonymous said...

As a recovering book junkie (I'm still on the first step), I find the shelves impractical. When I had an actual library, I would check different books for a quick reference, and put it back....but it sure is awesome looking! I can't imagine having that wonderful desk, shelf, and storage space. A gypsy can dream.......

Thanks for the post.

Beth A.