Friday, September 16, 2011

Poetry, Vanity and Acrophobia


Ah, the wonder of photo effects! The world never looked so good before Photoshop...

Hey... it's Dave... you know.... "Dave"....

And now, a poem

I'm tired, my feet are ripe.
I need a shower.

I guess it's more of a failed haiku than a poem, in the traditional sense. Here, I better add another verse...

I gave up coffee!
Wait, what is this in my hand?
Coffee.

There, that should hold you poetry fans for a while...

OK, so I've been working out steadily for a couple months now. I am ready to post a picture of my progress thus far...


Yep, that's me! It is! After just two-point-five months! Yep!

OK, fine, that's Ronnie Coleman, not me... but I'm close...

What, you didn't think I was really going to post a pic of myself, do you? lol, yeah... right... I'm vain, but I'm not THAT vain... yet...

I have to admit, it does feel good to be able to see myself in the bathroom mirror without my shirt on and not want to throw up...

While I won't post a vanity pic, I will post a pic of some dude that painted his propane tank to look like a giant Lego head...


That's about the same thing, isn't it?

Oh, wait, lemme go get an amazing Vimeo video for you. Brb... OK, full-screen, high-def, get ready for your jaw to drop...



O... M... G... you know those dreams you have where you're falling, but you're above yourself, outside your body, watching yourself fall? Yeah, that. I wish, I wish, I wish... I wish I wasn't afraid of heights!

Things I Wish For: A Partial List, by David Wagner
-------------------------------------
* That I wasn't afraid of heights
* That I was out of debt
* That Skyrim was out already
* That my PC speakers weren't broken
* A shiny new BMW. Make it two.
* A happy home
* That I was a better friend
* Beef Jerky. And lots of it.

Speaking of being afraid of heights...



Yeah, I don't think I could have that job... I wouldn't even want the job of editing that video! I like the part at 1:22 where it called him a 'tool bag'....

My mom got rear-ended today in her new Camry on the way to work. Bummer. Her car seems ok -- just a marred bumper, so far as the eye can tell. But the truck that hit her apparently was messed up pretty good. I hope she's not too sore tomorrow.

Well, thisssss jussssst ssssssuckssss....

I think I'm going to stop now... no! I won't tell you what I'm currently reading! You'll just have to wait until next post to find out! But I will tell you that I tinkered with my Wagnervana website a bit... I added some work examples FINALLY, after all these years. Not much, but it's a start...

Oh, forget it, I'm out of steam. Adios for now. Going to go save the world from the Nazi menace in Call of Duty 2.

Dave the Daring

4 comments:

Odhynn said...

Scoped Lee-Enfield rules!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Do hope your mom isn't feeling to sore. And all works out well for her car.

That would be a tough job to do. I really don't think I could do it. But I guess someone has too.

Hope you have a great week!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Beef Jerky? You'd waste a wish on beef jerky?

And now you're thinking, is that all she got out of my blog post?

Hope your mom is feeling ok after the accident.

Have a great week.