Friday, September 23, 2011

Elitists, Memories and Poorly-Drawn Comics


Plug, plug, pluggin' along...

What's the latest, you ask? Well, nothin' much, as it turns out. Hence the full week between updates. Yeah, I know... you're heart-broken. I can feel it. Because I am strong in The Force. In fact, I find your lack of faith disturbing... don't make me have to come over there! So help me, if I have to pull this Tie fighter over right here on the freeway, I will!

OK, fine, I'll start with a couple funny pictures. We'll see where it goes from there... first, some literary elitist humor...


OK, that should amuse those of us who have read Harry Potter and the Song of Ice and Fire... all 2 of us... OK, let's see, what else? How about a little humor for the video game elitists among us?


OK, that works.... let's see, what shall we finish up this Elitist Photo Trilogy with? Hmm...

How about...


LOL, omg, I laugh every time I see that picture... yeah, I know, nothing elitist about that photoshop job... I blew the theme with that one. Oh well, at least I found an excuse to post it. LOL, dang, that's a funny picture...

Speaking of funny pictures, I saw that photo the other day, where the President (all due respect) posed in the center of a group photo (some "open government" society or such nonsense) and he waved, his right hand effectively blocking the face of the guy just to his right. I laughed, and of course immediately thought of Mike Wazowski in Monsters, Inc (my favorite Pixar movie). So I had to make the following pic...


I guess that comic is for the Elitist Pixar Fans among us... I uploaded it to Memebase; we'll see if they find it amusing enough to post on their front page...

OK, shifting gears...

Here's the latest "50 People, 1 Question" video. I love these videos...



The question is, "What is your favorite memory?"

Interesting question. Of course, since watching this clip, I've wondered about my own favorite memory... it's a hard question. It would be easier for me to narrow it down to the specific times of my life. Like, break it down by decade or something...

It's always tricky picking a favorite anything, really. Books, games, movies, songs, food, color... it always seems to be changing. For me, anyway.

Favorite memory? Well, I suppose a strong contender would be the one I detailed in this blog post, about delivering that monologue in my method acting class many moons ago. Being in the delivery room for Maggie's birth is a contender as well. Doing an absolutely perfect layback grind on my skateboard at Webb Park in RB in front of other skaters (who acknowledged how awesome it was) and riding off as though I meant to do it like that... that was a great memory.

I'll have to chew on it some more...

And now, a VERY cool tilt-shift video of Crete. For best results, click full screen!



Not sure if I'd like to visit there in person or not. In fact, I was contemplating the other day just how long my list is of Places In The World I Would Not Want To Visit. For someone who claims he'd like to travel more, I certainly don't want to go to very many places... yeah, I'm contradictory like that...

No I'm not!

I'm still tearing through free chapter samples of various fantasy books. Tonight, I was reading the Prologue and first six chapters of Brandon Sanderson's upcoming Mistborn book The Alloy of Law. Let's just say, I'll likely buy the full book the moment it is available. Good stuff.

Probably other stuff I wanted to talk about, but I'm tired. Here, I'll end with a comic, and call it a night...


Adios for now.

Dave the Goof

5 comments:

Paula Titus said...

Those are some hilarious pictures!

One of my fav memories is the day I gave birth to Laura and how that whole Christmas season was so magical - I had her three days before Christmas.

Have a great weekend! :)

Odhynn said...

Nooooo! [snicker]
Ah, that was nice...

I actually find downer endings to be the best in making the story resonate within you.
Plus, they hardly leave any loose ends.
If I should ever make a story, I figure I'd kill everyone off too.

logankstewart said...

Cannot wait for The Alloy of Law. It's been a while since the Mistborn universe, so color me excited. Hilarious pictures.

David Wagner said...

Paula: Glad you liked the pics. Babies are magical, that's for certain. I hope you're doing well.

Dry: StarFox fan, eh? When you finish your downer story, send it to me, and I'll review it! Then you'll be famous...

Logan: Did you read the sample chapters yet? Good stuff, I recommend it. I read a short sci-fi story tonight by Sanderson called Firstborn, which was well-done as well... great author.

Abbie Josephsen said...

Good post dave :) I figured it was GRRM based on the context but I've never seen a pic of him, lol. He looks a little like Rothfuss....