Thursday, May 16, 2013

Now Serving Blog Reader #74... Please Step Forward...


Aww, what's the matter, Horn?

BUAHAHAHA!!! Ah, alpine humor... O_o uh, it's the Matterhorn, see? Get it?

Oh, nevermind. You'll have to pardon me tonight. I haven't been the same since I drove off to acting class tonight with my iPad on top of my car. Of course, it tumbled off the back and into the road behind me... not something I ever wanted to see in my rear view mirror... I went back and got (what was left of) it from the middle of the road. Smashed, scratched, dented, broken... and still working... though it breaks my heart to look at it. The shame of it!

It hurt on several levels, actually... not just because it's been in my hand, and in use, every day since I got the blasted thing in the summer of 2010... it also unexpectedly touched a fear of mine. I think my deepest fear (if I may be so open before thee) has to do with my kids coming to harm through gross neglect on my part. I mean, I panic at the thought of it... and this episode pushed that button in me. And yes, I know it's stupid to relate the iPad to a child of mine, but on a small level, this was something that meant a lot to me, entrusted to my care (so to speak) and through distraction and neglect, it was basically ruined. I felt/feel so bad about it.

Don't worry, I'm trying to find the lesson in it all. Ultimately, the thing is easily replaced - in fact, I already have the iPad Mini that I barely use. It will be easy enough to convert it to my main unit, and probably better, too, ultimately. Still, I felt like such a cad, seeing it bouncing on the road behind me.

I should have kept it in the potty, where it belonged!

All things considered, a small problem.

Moving right along...

My Middle Daughter is graduating from high school in a couple weeks. Dang, where does the time go, eh? Man, I'm full of cliches tonight! Any moment, I'll start singing "As Time Goes By" or "It Was A Very Good Year"... anyway, she's my sweetie, and I love her forever (like my other two Sweeties, of course). Her post-high school plans include a trip to Hawaii, a summer by the pool, working part time at the mall, and going to a local college next fall. And (hopefully) more modeling gigs. That way she can make big $$$ and buy me lots of presents! Cuz I'm greedy like that!

Since I'm bragging on my kids, I should say that my Youngest Daughter (who is just finishing up second grade) tested out at a reading level of a kid going from fourth into fifth grade. Just saying, it was a smart move on my part to teach her lots of exotic words, like sphincter, gollywomper, and cowculator (it's what farmers use to count their cows... look it up...). I'm a great teacher like that...

Don't let the thumbnail fool you on this next video... the kid just looks angry, but it's an unfortunate freeze-frame. Trust me, it's pure comedy...



That's like the opposite of Bored Shorts. Cool kid. Tread carefully if you watch some of his other videos... pottymouth alert...

Beyond that, what shall I say? Still plugging along in the areas I've mentioned here before, ad nauseum. You don't want to hear about that again, I'm sure. Trust me, if I had something interesting to say, I would do that, right here and now. But I don't! The acting classes, the screenplay writing, the novel writing, my reading materials, watching the Inside the Actors Studio episodes, etc... all moving forward, all of great interest to me, but what's that to you? Other than a mild, general sense of being happy for me that things are progressing well in those areas, what else could I possibly hope for from you all, eh? You've all got your own stories and problems and interests...

In fact, that reminds me of a clip I saw today... brace yourself, this one will pull a tear or two from your eye...



Powerful. Wish there had been more good news shown...

Hmm, that's kind of hard to follow with nonsense. I think I'll leave it here for tonight.

Hope your weekend is a great one.

Adios for now,

Dave the Goof

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder where Maggie gets her love of words from..boggles the mind..by the way, her grandmother reads at the level of an 80 year old..sorry about your eye patch.....GK