Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Red Necklace" or "Redneck Lace", You Decide...


Wow, I so love that photo of Yosemite Valley. The photographer is one Colin Delahunty and his Flickr stream is here. There, trying to do right by the pic owner. Hope that's ok with him. Amazing shot. [Click it and look at it big...]

Here we are, smack-dab in the middle of the weekend. Usual mix of work, play and web-lurking filled my Saturday. Sunday will find me waiting at the Wild Animal Park for Wifey to cross the finish line on her latest half-marathon. Yep, that means I'm playing hookie from church. I think Jesus will forgive me. Now, if I were playing hockey from church, that might be another issue...

And now, Current Events...
Currently Reading: The Dark Prism by Brent Weeks. [Exactly 50% through it, and it has finally hooked me enough that I look forward to reading more. Not sure why I'm so determined to read/review it.] 
Currently Playing: Medal of Honor single player campaign. [An EXCELLENT military FPS game. So much more enjoyable than either of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare games I've played...] 
Currently Watching: Documentaries on NetFlix.
  •  A doc on the Holocaust called The Unknown Soldier
  • A career retrospective on wrestling legend Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
  • And a doc called Why We Laugh about the history of Black comedy in the US over the past century.
Currently Listening To: An old Brown & Sinkiewicz album I found in my dusty CD bin. [A local San Diego band from a decade or so ago. They don't exist anymore, but the CD is great stuff.] 
Currently Contemplating: More Wagnervana comics; shutting down my other website; dusting off the ol' guitar and writing more songs; taking acting classes; working on my novel(s); screenplay ideas.


Yeah, I know... I'm pretty mellow tonight. My mania has burned off since last I posted. Not that I'm depressed or anything, but I'm definitely not in as wired/weird a mood. Sorry. I'll try to make up for it by posting cool pics/videos like that "Ring of Fire" pic there. How awesome is that? Do you think that's just a single long-exposure shot, or two shots merged in Photoshop? Maybe one for the fiery circle, and a second with the fire-breathing? Either way, it's quite cool, methinks.

So through a lame comedy of errors, I spilled an unfinished protein shake on the floor of my car, behind the passenger seat, and didn't realize it until it "went bad" and started to stink the car up. Not knowing any better, I decided to spray Lysol on it and hope for the best. Needless to say, it didn't work. Now my car smells oh so wonderful! Yay! I've since tried spraying different things on it, with limited success. Do you pity me?

No? Well, I don't blame you.

Here, let me distract you with a video...



Makes me want to get out there in the real world and do something, instead of holing up in my cozy little home office as life proceeds without me. But then what would I have to whine about!? Well, at least I have options. Or I could just live vicariously through the adventures of my blog readers! Yeah, that's it! You guys go live exciting lives, and I'll stay here and amuse myself with digital insipidity, and occasionally read your blogs to catch the details of your exploits!

Uh oh... getting a bit too personal here... better distract with another funny picture...

Ah, here we go. Here are a couple text message exchanges between a guy and his dog...



I erased the B-word at the end there, even though it is technically the correct way to use the word, and makes for a clever play on words... still, I know how sensitive you all are, when it comes to profanity, so, being the magnanimous public servant that I am, I removed it. Your pure brains are unsullied.

Pointless, I know. Reminds me of those TV spots where they bleep out the bad language, but it's obvious to anyone with a brain what's being said, especially because of our innate ability to lip-read.



The summer approacheth. Nothing planned at this point. No Vegas trips. I may challenge myself to get out and explore San Diego a bit... I sort of live in a vacation destination! Can't see much of it from my home office! There I go, whining again. My friend Yanni is forever going off on hikes and exploring places... I wish that spirit was catching...

Reminds me, I got a surprise $9 refund from my State Taxes in the mail. A surprise, since I paid them a small fortune. I must have overpaid by $9, eh? Not sure how. And not sure how they would catch such a thing. The paperwork my tax guy filed had a very specific amount on it, which I paid in full (not a dime more). Well, whatever. Looks like a pair of caramel macchiatos on the state, eh?

Man, this just might be my most boring post ever. Top 5 easily, in any case. Seriously? State Tax refunds? That's what I've been reduced to talking about?  Wow, I better try to end it on a high note, otherwise the two of you that will eventually skim this post may never return here again!

Ah, here we go...

Just park that anywhere, pal...

OK, fine, I'll have mercy on you and end this. Hopefully a few days from now, I'll have more interesting things to pass literary wind about.

Until then, Adios!

Dave the Windy

4 comments:

Sally said...

What a fantastic picture of the Yosemite Valley. Good luck to your wife on her running efforts.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to wait for the world to pass me by either!

I don't think there ever is a "right" time to began adventures.

Beth

Unknown said...

Beth is right, you just do it. You get up out of your office and drive down to La Jolla and go kayaking, or join Yanni on a bouldering or rock jumping expedition. But you know, if you spent all that time having adventures, you wouldn't be able to sit pondering life and writing cool blogs, lol.

David Wagner said...

Sally: She finished in a respectable 2 hours 26 minutes. I was stuck in traffic waiting to get into the park, so I didn't get to see her cross the finish. But she still loves me anyway...

Beth: My secluded lifestyle is a hard habit to break, I've found... wish me luck!

Reb: Kayaking sounds like a wonderful idea... I may give that a go...