Sunday, July 17, 2011

More Stuff and Nonsense...


The days are flying by. What, may I ask, the heck?

Tonight's lead story: I am 83% through A Dance With Dragons, and loving every page of it. I will not be writing a review, so fear not. For those that aren't planning on reading the series, it is pointless to review Book 5 of a series you won't read! And for those that plan on reading it, it will be enough for me to say, you will not be disappointed.

I made the mistake of hopping in on the Martin Amazon forum I frequent, which has discussed this book as it has developed over the years, and some complete moron posted two threads with spoilers in the thread titles. "Is _____ Really Dead?" Whether he was a troll making things up, or really that lame as to drop a spoiler on everyone before they could read the book, I don't know. But needless to say, I was extremely angry, and have not been back to that forum since. Who would do something like that? For ten years, we have waited for this part of the story! And for someone to spoil it like that! Sheesh!

It makes a guy contemplate inflicting bodily harm!

OK, no it doesn't. Still... lame...

OK, enough of that... I need to mellow out...

I know! Lemme dig a mellow video out of my blog archive... be right back...



Ahh! Much better! As usual, full screen - high-definition for best results.

Well, while I'm in the archive, I might as well post a couple more of my past faves...



Remember, that one loops twice... once you hit the 4:10 mark, it will start over. No need to watch it twice...

And here's my favorite "Wooden Spoon Prank" video...



I wonder if anyone falls for that anymore?

And the "Doberman With Taped Ears Chasing A Laser" video...



Ouch...

So, Wifey and I are planning a trip to Vegas for my birthday. Not much of a Vegas fan, but the alternatives are slim at this point. We can fly in for cheap, stay near the strip, walk around, hopefully eat good food and lounge around poolside... we'll see. Might be fun for a few days... it won't kill me to get away for a few days....


Speaking of killing me, my new personal trainer is whipping me into shape. I thought the "calf muscle cramping session" I had last Tuesday was hard... until I went on Thursday! Everything below my armpits was sore for 48 hours afterwards... but it's a good sort of pain, I think. I'll dive back in on Tuesday and let him wallop me again.


I would call this shot "Before and After", but the literalists among us would claim I'd need to be on the left, and my trainer on the right... or call it "After and Before"... in any case, that's Markshane, my trainer. He's encouraging and highly capable and great to work with. If I look dazed, it's because that was after my workout on Thursday, after the shower. I had Gumby legs at the time...

So I suppose that's that. Another week begins. I'm going to go read more Dance With Dragons until the wee hours.

Adios

Dave the Goof

5 comments:

logankstewart said...

It's crazy how upsetting a spoiler is, no? Some people don't care (like my wife, who'll read through Wiki articles on some things just to see what's coming up), but some people do (like myself, who'll go to the point of being rude to prevent spoilery). Yet, when we get "spoiled," a foul mood is certain to come. How ridiculous people can be.

For the record, I've not yet started ADWD. I've not even received my book yet...

David Wagner said...

I'm glad I finished the book before wading into my usual haunts to see what the general consensus was, I'm surprised at the heat and lack of love it's getting... I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed the book thoroughly. 4.5 stars out of 5.

Paula Titus said...

Are those some killer guns I see forming under that ugly t-shirt? :)

David Wagner said...

Paula: What's ugly about that plain black t-shirt!? Is it the pocket?? Guns, heavens no. Not yet, anyway... MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Rug Warrior said...

Markshane is COOL! =)

It'll be great to see the before and after... I'll need to create one of those on my own, I'm getting complacent with the workout routine.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Lisa